jim salter Registered User

Das Reich said:
I did opened a dispute on paypal for my drone ordered on the 12 of november, and they said they can refund me only on 172 euros as I didn't bought any insurance. So I will wait few more months and see if drone arrived before summer.

If you paid with PayPal you have the protection that they provide. That protection entitles you to a full refund if you do not receive what you paid for.

Forget dealing with whomever you bought the drone from. Deal with PayPal. Escalate the dispute to a claim and leave it at that. They will have 10(or 14) days to respond to the PayPal claim, if they do not respond you will be refunded by PayPal.

1 person has thanked this post
Das Reich Registered User

jim salter said:
If you paid with PayPal you have the protection that they provide. That protection entitles you to a full refund if you do not receive what you paid for.

Forget dealing with whomever you bought the drone from. Deal with PayPal. Escalate the dispute to a claim and leave it at that. They will have 10(or 14) days to respond to the PayPal claim, if they do not respond you will be refunded by PayPal.

Yes I payed with paypal, but who answered was the customer service of gearbest. As I bought a spare battery that arrived already long time ago, I would prefer to receive the drone than the refund, so I will wait a bit more. Its frustrating the delay.

Standard Toaster Registered User

Anyone tempted to take her out in/above the fog?

lintdrummer Registered User

Standard Toaster said:
Anyone tempted to take her out in/above the fog?

I wouldn't if I were you. Fog is air saturated with water. It's close to freezing outside. You'll risk Icing up the drone and damaging it.

Standard Toaster Registered User

Thought as much. There's a few youtube videos of others doing it.
I'll keep her indoors for now

tedpan Registered User

Standard Toaster
Thought as much. There's a few youtube videos of others doing it. I'll keep her indoors for now

I was so tempted, no wind here at all. Hopefully the weekend will be slightly warmer..

JabbaTheHut Registered User

I had it in my hand with that thought today, but noticed that 3 out of the 4 motors seemed "coggy". One would tun nice and freely with my hand, but the others, to different degrees, had a distinct notchiness to them, as if they had bearings on the way out. It doesn't have a lot of work done, so I hope it's not that.

Has anyone elses have that feel to theirs?

Lanshane Registered User

JabbaTheHut said:
I had it in my hand with that thought today, but noticed that 3 out of the 4 motors seemed "coggy". One would tun nice and freely with my hand, but the others, to different degrees, had a distinct notchiness to them, as if they had bearings on the way out. It doesn't have a lot of work done, so I hope it's not that.

Has anyone elses have that feel to theirs?

Yep, I have that feeling on my motors as I turn them slowly.....still flies fine. They were like that from the start too...

2 people have thanked this post
JabbaTheHut Registered User

Lanshane said:
Yep, I have that feeling on my motors as I turn them slowly.....still flies fine. They were like that from the start too...

Ahh grand. I ran it for a minute to see if it was alright. Thought I saw it vibrate the giro a bit, like it would result in a jello effect, but it does seem fine. Good to know it's normal for the motors to be that way, and it's not just me.

satstheway Registered User

JabbaTheHut said:
Ahh grand. I ran it for a minute to see if it was alright. Thought I saw it vibrate the giro a bit, like it would result in a jello effect, but it does seem fine. Good to know it's normal for the motors to be that way, and it's not just me.

My motors jump through the fields as permanent magnet motors do and when i spin them by hand they are ok but when I fly it sometimes has a bit of a highpitch noise sometimes which i think could sound like a dry bearing. Not sure.
I always observe them on shutdown to see if any slow down noticeably quicker or have any heat in them.

On a seperate note got revenue letter today for battery ordered on ebay.

Sent a screen shot of ebay to see if it is good enough.

tedpan Registered User

JabbaTheHut

There definitely seems to be differences in the motors although have no scratchiness or other strange sounds on mine. The motors are about €12 to replace but still expect it them to last at least two years of weekend flying.

tedpan Registered User

satstheway
On a seperate note got revenue letter today for battery ordered on ebay.

So annoying, they seem to catch the batteries a lot..

satstheway
Sent a screen shot of ebay to see if it is good enough.

Yeah, that will do. They just need a value so they can add the tax accordingly..

lordlame Registered User

My second drone is in portlaoise now ( arrived at 2am this morning - expect it to be here Monday ) - check your package on 17track.net

The faryaa.com latest listing says Parcel arrived at Prague, Czech

I ordered my 2nd drone on the 30th of November and went out on the 2nd of December

lordlame Registered User

ALSO WORD OF WARNING

Take care when flying it - you DO NOT want to deal with gearbest if you damage it

Snowc Registered User

Received my drone yesterday to Offaly had to pay 110.39 to an post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!