furiousox Registered User

He hasn't gone away you know.
He was on thejournal.ie earlier ranting about a loss of water supply in Drogheda.
Sadly, his comments have since been removed....

Three weeks ago I contacted a local newspaper to detail how Drogheda water services were repeatedly cut off or there was constant low pressure. I hoped they would highlight this issue and help myself to see that something was done to full-time resolve this long time situation.
Three weeks on, to this very weekend, the water supply to the same end of the town is off now again - for three days now. This means possibly 10,000+ people have been unable to do many things inducing flushing toilets for three days - or have water to feed new born babies (wife and I include ourselves in the latter) unless we pay for large containers of supermarket water.
Drogheda is the Ireland's official biggest town - population 52,000+. The fact that (a) I was and still am, media blanked when I'm trying to see people less suffer and (b) the official local elected once again have proved to be totally useless, is just not good enough.
(The Louth LMFM radio station is also approaching its 700 days of completely blanking myself and the party I founded within the town, that subsequently went national.)
Back to the Drogheda water problem... I have been campaigning against Irish Water since it was rammed down the throats of nation that did NOT give their mandate to political parties, that kissed ass to the Troika and bullied water recharges, water meters and I.W. on everyone.
Part of the effect, of the ramming of this company in, was that local areas and their governing councils, had the power stripped away from them regarding the tighter control of water services.
I predicted that this would lead to a more distant body (I.W. as it turned out) would be further out of touch, not in greater cross-communication with a local populace and this would lead then to greater, repeated service problems.
Well not for the first damn time, I was bloody right!
The local useless elected get their faces in the local media for they attending some local function or nearly the opening of an envelope! Meanwhile, others trying to raise more serious issues - which the same media paper and radio are blanking others and myself on - are left to soldier peacefully on against this whole ridiculous situation.
Unlike the local elected, others and I are not getting paid to try solve these issues and are not looking to get paid for it, in the future either. The useless elected 'stuffed shirts' including one Labour ex-TD now re-forced upon the Drogheda population after they sacked him, meanwhile carry on collecting their pay and perks - and for what exactly?
A good bulk of my home town, Drogheda, has been yet again left with out water (this time three days) - and let me say straight - this is bloody not good enough!
.Am I angry? You bet your arse I am...
I want our water back. That's not good enough however. I also want local people to have a greater say in the management running, of their local water (and other) services.
What's going on today, that is leaving many suffering - and not just in Drogheda - is f**king ridiculous. This crap has got to end.
No doubt the local media will blank myself on this issue yet again but this post like many others before it, will show yet again that more positive, Participatory Democracy changes are very much needed.
The present way - in many ways - is just not bloody good enough! Too many people are being left to suffer by the old ways. It's time for ruddy change! The ways of Fine Gael, Fianna Fail and Labour are been showed once again, to leave people suffering. It's about time more of their supporters woke up and kopped this more. Their continued supporting of them is leaving more suffering - in the case of a good bulk of Drogheda - possibly even with themselves too.
It's time we stopped supporting those that truly are not supporting us.
...In the meantime, many thousands of people are being left to suffer - and we are now looking at a fourth day coming, of being without basic water. The excuses will likely be printed in next week editions of local papers - unlike myself, being again blanked, for long time trying to raise such issues and get them headed off before they can even arise.

12 people have thanked this post
Bishopsback Registered User

furiousox said:
He hasn't gone away you know.
He was on thejournal.ie earlier ranting about a loss of water supply in Drogheda.
Sadly, his comments have since been removed....

Three weeks ago I contacted a local newspaper to detail how Drogheda water services were repeatedly cut off or there was constant low pressure. I hoped they would highlight this issue and help myself to see that something was done to full-time resolve this long time situation.
Three weeks on, to this very weekend, the water supply to the same end of the town is off now again - for three days now. This means possibly 10,000+ people have been unable to do many things inducing flushing toilets for three days - or have water to feed new born babies (wife and I include ourselves in the latter) unless we pay for large containers of supermarket water.
Drogheda is the Ireland's official biggest town - population 52,000+. The fact that (a) I was and still am, media blanked when I'm trying to see people less suffer and (b) the official local elected once again have proved to be totally useless, is just not good enough.
(The Louth LMFM radio station is also approaching its 700 days of completely blanking myself and the party I founded within the town, that subsequently went national.)
Back to the Drogheda water problem... I have been campaigning against Irish Water since it was rammed down the throats of nation that did NOT give their mandate to political parties, that kissed ass to the Troika and bullied water recharges, water meters and I.W. on everyone.
Part of the effect, of the ramming of this company in, was that local areas and their governing councils, had the power stripped away from them regarding the tighter control of water services.
I predicted that this would lead to a more distant body (I.W. as it turned out) would be further out of touch, not in greater cross-communication with a local populace and this would lead then to greater, repeated service problems.
Well not for the first damn time, I was bloody right!
The local useless elected get their faces in the local media for they attending some local function or nearly the opening of an envelope! Meanwhile, others trying to raise more serious issues - which the same media paper and radio are blanking others and myself on - are left to soldier peacefully on against this whole ridiculous situation.
Unlike the local elected, others and I are not getting paid to try solve these issues and are not looking to get paid for it, in the future either. The useless elected 'stuffed shirts' including one Labour ex-TD now re-forced upon the Drogheda population after they sacked him, meanwhile carry on collecting their pay and perks - and for what exactly?
A good bulk of my home town, Drogheda, has been yet again left with out water (this time three days) - and let me say straight - this is bloody not good enough!
.Am I angry? You bet your arse I am...
I want our water back. That's not good enough however. I also want local people to have a greater say in the management running, of their local water (and other) services.
What's going on today, that is leaving many suffering - and not just in Drogheda - is f**king ridiculous. This crap has got to end.
No doubt the local media will blank myself on this issue yet again but this post like many others before it, will show yet again that more positive, Participatory Democracy changes are very much needed.
The present way - in many ways - is just not bloody good enough! Too many people are being left to suffer by the old ways. It's time for ruddy change! The ways of Fine Gael, Fianna Fail and Labour are been showed once again, to leave people suffering. It's about time more of their supporters woke up and kopped this more. Their continued supporting of them is leaving more suffering - in the case of a good bulk of Drogheda - possibly even with themselves too.
It's time we stopped supporting those that truly are not supporting us.
...In the meantime, many thousands of people are being left to suffer - and we are now looking at a fourth day coming, of being without basic water. The excuses will likely be printed in next week editions of local papers - unlike myself, being again blanked, for long time trying to raise such issues and get them headed off before they can even arise.

Maybe a solution would be to chip in and raise some funds to fix the problem, like a water charge perhaps?

94 people have thanked this post
furiousox Registered User

5 people have thanked this post
whippet Registered User

I'm in that area and we have had either no water or no pressure since yesterday morning .. the fault is a burst in the mains supply and the pipes are so old they can't even source parts for the repair .. they have an engineering company making bespoke parts.

As is already said .. the discussions around my dinner table are about the need to raise money to finance the creaking infrastructure.. while Jeff moans about having to pay to fix stuff.

He has been giving out about how he does not have the luxuary of a summer off like the political class .... he's had a decade off at our expense

18 people have thanked this post
jimmycrackcorm Registered User

People object to paying for creaking water infrastructure then get mad when they discover that investment is needed.

Perhaps we need a poll to see whether the funding required should be taken from general taxation going into either social housing or health.

21 people have thanked this post
whippet Registered User

Due the the Media Blanking Jeff has yet another Facebook page on the go ... Ireland Reports.

It will be where he reports the news ... that the media won't.

Just Jeffs interpretation of stuff ... where does he get the time

Bishopsback Registered User

I see they hope to have a limited supply back up and running today, but it could be Thursday before all the problems are fixed.
IW have a duty to fix it one way or another and I hope its resolved as quickly as possible for all involved, not nice to have no water. Good luck up there.

Red_Wake Registered User

Sounds like poetic justice for opposing water charges tbh.

19 people have thanked this post
Maryanne84 Registered User

Has Paul Murphy made a statement yet? Or is he on holiday?

8 people have thanked this post

Maryanne84 said:

..... or for that matter Drogheda's own Brendan Ogle. I see he has a book out about the water charges campaign.

1 person has thanked this post
Red_Wake Registered User

Arsemageddon said:
Maryanne84 said:

..... or for that matter Drogheda's own Brendan Ogle.  I see he has a book out about the water charges campaign.

Probably had enough spare cash lying around after Apollo House to finance a large print run!

6 people have thanked this post
For Forks Sake Registered User

Maryanne84 said:

He was in Barcelona for the weekend celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Russian revolution. I ain't making that up either

10 people have thanked this post
Tabnabs Registered User

Maryanne84 said:

Think he was on with Pat Kenny this morning, I heard the words "radical left" and "wealth tax" before turning the radio off.

8 people have thanked this post
Maryanne84 Registered User

Tabnabs said:
Think he was on with Pat Kenny this morning, I heard the words "radical left" and "wealth tax" before turning the radio off.

I think that was Mick Barry. Spouting the usual tripe about those who have most (Through hard work) to pay for everyone else. Pat gave him enough rope to hang himself. Which he did then Pat went for the jugular.

7 people have thanked this post
For Forks Sake Registered User

Maryanne84 said:
I think that was Mick Barry. Spouting the usual tripe about those who have most (Through hard work) to pay for everyone else. Pat gave him enough rope to hang himself. Which he did then Pat went for the jugular.

He had "right-wing governments" and "capitalism in general" uttered within the first ten seconds. Impressive

http://www.newstalk.com/listen_back/13240/37757/25th_July_2017_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_1/

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!