ellobee Registered User
#1,336

Catmologen said:
Puffin browser allows you to use the remote as a mouse if anyone is interested.

Anyone know how to get more than 1 row of apps does it double up after a certain amount have been added or is there a setting

rustledjimmies Registered User
#1,337

ellobee said:
Anyone know how to get more than 1 row of apps does it double up after a certain amount have been added or is there a setting

I think a single row of apps is one of the Shield Experience 7 "enhancements". It's not getting a lot of love.

jayo26 Registered User
#1,338

I used sideload channel I think it works fine.

cronos Registered User
#1,339

jayo26 said:

I used sideload channel I think it works fine.

How is showbox working on Android TV these days with the remote (not game controler)? Was poor in comparison to Terrarium TV the last time I checked. But it may be something I look at again now.

1 person has thanked this post
jayo26 Registered User
#1,340

cronos said:
How is showbox working on Android TV these days with the remote (not game controler)? Was poor in comparison to Terrarium TV the last time I checked. But it may be something I look at again now.

Its crap with remote mate I only tried it last night after terrarium closing down on me. I have a air mouse too that I kinda switch to when need a mouse it works fine apart from there is no return button configuration. Its a pitty because of prefer use air mouse if I could.

BandMember Registered User
#1,341

cronos said:
How is ****** working on Android TV these days with the remote (not game controler)? Was poor in comparison to Terrarium TV the last time I checked. But it may be something I look at again now.

Good man yourself - way to get a thread closed!

UsedToWait Registered User
#1,342

Is the controller still making a few quid on Adverts etc?

I'm still wavering at buying a Shield, even at this cheap price - have most apps I use on the TV, and I never play games.

If I was guaranteed a few quid back from selling the controller, I might be pushed over the line

corwill Registered User
#1,343

stimpson said:
There is also a new Shield TV app on iOS and android that works as a touch pad/ keyboard/remote. Although strangely the keyboard has no colon on it so it’s a bit useless for typing URLs. Needs experience 7.1 to work.

Just given this a quick test drive, works really well, I've deleted cetusplay in favour of it. When I hit the keyboard icon, it brings up Gboard on my phone, colon and all. What happens when you select the keyboard?

1 person has thanked this post
stimpson Registered User
#1,344

corwill said:
Just given this a quick test drive, works really well, I've deleted cetusplay in favour of it. When I hit the keyboard icon, it brings up Gboard on my phone, colon and all. What happens when you select the keyboard?

iOS version has a keyboard with no colon. Not mad about any of the third party keyboards.

Suckit Registered User
#1,345

Down to £154 on amazon. I put it in the other thread too, forgot this was the correct one for BA - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBJ6KZY/

OmegaGene Registered User
#1,346

Suckit said:
Down to £154 on amazon. I put it in the other thread too, forgot this was the correct one for BA - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBJ6KZY/

Already covered by Post #1261 by basil a while back
Same price from nvidia too and a tenner less without the game controller

eamondunphy Registered User
#1,347

sorry if going off track, i'm looking for a 4k media player, primarily for streaming netflix and amazon prime, i've already got the chromecast original.

I'm looking for a player that does hdr, dolby vision, dolby atmos, etc, i was looking at the shield and the apple tv 4k because apple sell films in 4k for alot cheaper than 4k blu ray and google play doesnt even sell 4k, i dont think the chromecast ultra does atmos.

I;
'm not interested in gaming, would the shield be a better choice over the apple tv?

ellobee Registered User
#1,348

Does anyone know where recordings are stored on the shield I was messing about with the record function recently but couldn't find the recorded program afterwards

clintondaly Registered User
#1,349

ellobee said:
Does anyone know where recordings are stored on the shield I was messing about with the record function recently but couldn't find the recorded program afterwards

Seems like you're not the only with the issue

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1071232/shield-tv/ok-so-screen-shot-amp-record-are-back-but-i-cant-use-it-/

Keep an eye on the thread link above

ellobee Registered User
#1,350

clintondaly said:
Seems like you're not the only with the issue

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1071232/shield-tv/ok-so-screen-shot-amp-record-are-back-but-i-cant-use-it-/

Keep an eye on the thread link above

Ok I found them in gallery which I suppose is the obvious place for them. Now does anyone know how I can create a shortcut to gallery on the home screen

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!