Victor Registered User

Mikecondon93 said:
Since when. Top speed is 26km per hour and bikes can get up to that speed and you don't need any sort of licence
At least the Road Traffic Act 1961, possibly the 1930s equivalent or earlier.

jonniepster Registered User

Yep I spent a day on one in LA. Awesome buzz. Gonna get one. Expensive but worth it.

Sebatron3 Registered User

My Boosted board arrived from the Netherlands 2 weeks ago, to say that I was excited was an understatement, best purchase ever next to my MacBook! I had a nice few spins on it but its been so wet I haven’t had a proper go of it. Although I considered this before buying the board, I rationalized by saying I could spend the same price on a snowboard holiday and not get as much boarding done, I just need some dry days now! The only thing now is that I’ve a few weeks work abroad and I know I’ll get lots of miles in if I bring my board - I just want to know if anyone has any experience traveling with an electric board through European flights? There’s a sticker on the card-board case saying to keep the box for travelling and which also provides the lithium battery info. Is it going to cost a fortune? Just thought I’d ask first here if anyone has any experience first hand.

ED E Registered User

Sebatron3 said:
My Boosted board arrived from the Netherlands 2 weeks ago, to say that I was excited was an understatement, best purchase ever next to my MacBook! I had a nice few spins on it but its been so wet I haven’t had a proper go of it. Although I considered this before buying the board, I rationalized by saying I could spend the same price on a snowboard holiday and not get as much boarding done, I just need some dry days now! The only thing now is that I’ve a few weeks work abroad and I know I’ll get lots of miles in if I bring my board - I just want to know if anyone has any experience traveling with an electric board through European flights? There’s a sticker on the card-board case saying to keep the box for travelling and which also provides the lithium battery info. Is it going to cost a fortune? Just thought I’d ask first here if anyone has any experience first hand.

Search Casey Neistat on Youtube. He brings his on 20+ flights a year.

Sebatron3 Registered User

ED E said:
Search Casey Neistat on Youtube. He brings his on 20+ flights a year.

Ya fair enough, he’s always travelling, but he mostly brings his short board as his boosted board is so big. I’m not flying in and out of the states either, just within Europe.

January Category Moderator

Sebatron3 said:
Ya fair enough, he’s always travelling, but he mostly brings his short board as his boosted board is so big. I’m not flying in and out of the states either, just within Europe.

He brings his boosted board too, usually checks it though.

jogdish Registered User

January said:
He brings his boosted board too, usually checks it though.

He also flys first class and I'm guessing is not short of endless cash

BowSideChamp Registered User

beauf said:
Same as above. Self powered so only legal on private property. In public place only with insurance and road tax.

Imagine, you could be done for no tax or insurance and be banned from driving & possibly jailed for riding a skateboard

beauf Registered User

Its more about how it can be misused.

Del2005 Registered User

BowSideChamp said:
Imagine, you could be done for no tax or insurance and be banned from driving & possibly jailed for riding a skateboard

If it's classified as a motorised vehicle it's not a stake board. Just like a lot of people on the 2 stroke bicycles will be complaining about getting done on them and getting banned, if the Gardaí ever bothered to enforce our laws.

ED E Registered User

Del2005 said:
If it's classified as a motorised vehicle it's not a stake board. Just like a lot of people on the 2 stroke bicycles will be complaining about getting done on them and getting banned, if the Gardaver bothered to enforce our laws.

TBF, they have done a couple of the lawnmower mods.

I know a local one that I might highlight to the local AGS if they ever leave the station.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!