Kiith Moderator

Looks like we'll be joining you in the main forum now, so you don't have to go to a different forum to post about us not winning any trophies or being screwed at Wembley next year

It's been very quiet on the transfer front so far. I don't expect we'll see many signings at all, and will mostly be a few backup/youngester that join over the next two months. I also expect all our main players to still be Spurs players next year. We'll get another year out of Kane/Alli etc... and they'll move on unless the club goes and wins something.

9 people have thanked this post
Fromvert Registered User

Surprise, surprise, Spurs start doing well and they want in to the rest of the soccer forum

5 people have thanked this post
GavRedKing Category Moderator

Welcome and enjoy the mad house.

1 person has thanked this post
Yawns Registered User

Welcome to the main forum, enjoy the fine dining breakfast, pandas and trolls.

Kiith said:
Looks like we'll be joining you in the main forum now, so you don't have to go to a different forum to post about us not winning any trophies or being screwed at Wembley next year

It's been very quiet on the transfer front so far. I don't expect we'll see many signings at all, and will mostly be a few backup/youngester that join over the next two months. I also expect all our main players to still be Spurs players next year. We'll get another year out of Kane/Alli etc... and they'll move on unless the club goes and wins something.

Just on these two being probably yere 2 stand out performers, whats the market for them IF both were to leave in the next 2 years?

Kane can clearly go to any side and make them better but you guy knows Levy, hes not going to leave him go to a PL side, not for anything short of 150m or some insane, absurd fee anyway, would he go abroad and fancy his chances at say Madrid, Barca, Juve, Bayern or PSG?

Same for Alli, both would be a huge draw for the other top 6 sides in this country but if you look abroad and look at who could afford them, would they spend 100m plus on Kane and Alli?

FWIW, I'd love Kane at Chelsea (not happening, ever) but hes a fantastic CF. The other Spurs player I'd take in a heart beat is Alderwierld, a very good CB.

2nd Row Donkey Registered User

Fromvert
Surprise, surprise, Spurs start doing well and they want in to the rest of the soccer forum

If you bothered to check the spurs forum you'd see that not a single regular user of the spurs forum wants to be within a metaphorically mile of the main soccer forum.

3 people have thanked this post

2nd Row Donkey said:
If you bothered to check the spurs forum you'd see that not a single regular user of the spurs forum wants to be within a metaphorically mile of the main soccer forum.

Shame, its not the cesspool some make it out to be.

Match threads can be tedious but the Clubs own superthreads are nearly solely occupied by the supporters of said club with like minded ideas.

3 people have thanked this post
2nd Row Donkey Registered User

GavRedKing
Shame, its not the cesspool some make it out to be.

Well your hardly mister popular in the spurs forum yourself Gav.

I'll give it a go.

I do follow the arsenal thread and enjoy it (#WengerIn).

4 people have thanked this post

2nd Row Donkey said:
Well your hardly mister popular in the spurs forum yourself Gav.

I'll give it a go.

I do follow the arsenal thread and enjoy it (#WengerIn).

Whats the Spurs opinion on moving to Wembley for 12months? The bad results surely cant keep happening at Wembley or will it serve to be a hoodoo in the early games?

dfx- Moderator

Kiith said:

Kyle Walker?

Kiith Moderator

It'll have an effect, but i don't think it will be too bad. A few bad games at the start of the season could cause it to get into their heads, but i think the team is strong enough to not let it effect them that much.

dfx- said:
Kyle Walker?

A few weeks ago, i would have been unsure. But it seems to have gone quiet there, and i think he'll stay. I wouldn't think its the end of the world if he went though. Levy would get 40 million for him, and we've a capable replacement in Trippier (who i was calling to start more games last season, as he's a fantastic crosser of the ball).

Kiith said:
It'll have an effect, but i don't think it will be too bad. A few bad games at the start of the season could cause it to get into their heads, but i think the team is strong enough to not let it effect them that much.

I agree with ya there, I think it will only be the media and opposition fans that will get jump on the Wembley jinx if they dont win their first few games there.

It'll also be a good away day out for fans that dont usually get to Wembley.

Mr. Guappa Registered User

GavRedKing said:
Whats the Spurs opinion on moving to Wembley for 12months? The bad results surely cant keep happneing at Wembley or will it serve to be a hoodoo in the early games?

I think it could be of real benefit to us long term. We need to get used to winning big games outside of WHL. Last season we had a poor record away to the rest of the top 6, in the Champions League, and lost the FA Cup SF against Chelsea.

Playing so many games at Wembley can only help us develop a stronger mentality for big games.

We dropped 4 points at home last season, that is going to increase no matter where we play, but probably more so at Wembley given that it will be a bigger fixture than normal for mid-table and bottom-half teams.

2 people have thanked this post

Mr. Guappa said:
I think it could be of real benefit to us long term. We need to get used to winning big games outside of WHL. Last season we had a poor record away to the rest of the top 6, in the Champions League, and lost the FA Cup SF against Chelsea.

Playing so many games at Wembley can only help us develop a stronger mentality for big games.

We dropped 4 points at home last season, that is going to increase no matter where we play, but probably more so at Wembley given that it will be a bigger fixture than normal for mid-table and bottom-half teams.

I think with the way the current Top 6 are nearl evenly matched and you've some good, solid sides behind them, Everton, WBA, Stoke, going unbeaten at home and dropping only a handful of points is an amazing thing in this day and age.

The Lane was notoriusly short and narrow, well, not much shorter than other grounds but it was always something pointed out, its only by about 2 or 3 metres on either side shorter than the biggest grounds, how big is the new pitch going to be in relation to the old one dya know?

Harry Palmr Registered User

Good to see the almight Spurs fanbase joining the hoi polloi

You'll find keeping everything in one thread is a bloody nuisance though

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!