LCD Registered User

Bo!!ox, put the dog outside this morning when leaving for work about 8am. Forgot to put his water bowl out with him. He had had his breakfast (nuts soaked in water) & will be in shade all day. Will try & get out early, be home at 5 by very latest.

Feel so bad, am such an idiot!

....... Registered User

Can you not get someone to call in and give him water?

I wouldnt be leaving an animal with no hydration for the day in this heat.

13 people have thanked this post
Bandana boy Registered User

A Dog without water in this weather is cruel , you need to find a way to get back to him by lunch time .

6 people have thanked this post
Bishopsback Registered User

LCD said:
Bo!!ox, put the dog outside this morning when leaving for work about 8am. Forgot to put his water bowl out with him. He had had his breakfast (nuts soaked in water) & will be in shade all day. Will try & get out early, be home at 5 by very latest.

He should be grand as long as there's good shade. It sounds like he got some hydration earlier but if you can get someone to call and give him water, but he should be OK for the few hrs.
I

seamus Dental Plan!

Bishopsback said:
He should be grand as long as there's good shade. It sounds like he got some hydration earlier but if you can get someone to call and give him water, but he should be OK for the few hrs.
I
Not in this weather. It's hot enough to be serious. The dog will alternate in and out of the shade, but won't have the good sense to understand that he doesn't have any water.

OP, do you have a neighbour or anyone who could even hop the wall or throw a bowl over?

Pop home at lunchtime, probably the best option.

1 person has thanked this post
cocker5 Registered User

in normal Irish weather he may be grand but not in this heat - shade or no shade.

depending on his coat etc he could over heat quiet quickly.

Just as an FYI nuts, even if soaked could make him more thirsty.

OP - for peace of mind pop home make up an excuse in work and give him water.

3 people have thanked this post
Miaireland Registered User

LCD said:

On a day like today? It will be hot even in the shade. I would take a couple of hours off or else ring everyone I know and get someone to drop in and givr him water.

4 people have thanked this post
Sleeper12 Registered User

He could be dead by this evening. Definitely try get someone to call in beforehand

2 people have thanked this post
MarkR Moderator

I'd go home or get someone to call in. Too hot to be leaving an animal out with no water.

2 people have thanked this post
Free-2-Flow Registered User

He will be grand

MarkR Moderator

Free-2-Flow said:
He will be grand

Could I get tomorrow's euromillions numbers off you?

10 people have thanked this post
Flibble Registered User

Definitely find a way to get home OP if there's no one who can pop in for you. Take an extra long lunch. It's just not worth the risk, you'll spend the whole day worrying & you might arrive gone to a horrible scene this evening.

If ever the phrase 'better safe than sorry' was applicable, it's here.

3 people have thanked this post
pilly Registered User

I definitely wouldn't risk it on a day like today. It's extremely warm even in the shade today.

MarkR Moderator

1 person has thanked this post
Valentina Registered User

Long shot but if you're in Dublin 15 I'm happy to drop water in to him.

9 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!