elliot895 Registered User

Is anyone else interested in this estate? There have been continued delays on the show house viewings and I have found the estate agents to be poor at responding, as well as inaccurate with their replies.

One final point, I was recently informed the houses are to be pre-fabricated. I have heard mixed opinions on this style of build. Does anyone have any experience of this?

RobbieTheRobber Registered User

I'm interested in the estate but without seeing a show house and having more detail not much to say.

3 people have thanked this post
conf101 Registered User

Have prices been released yet?

conf101 said:
Have prices been released yet?

I understand that it is as below:
3 bed semi detached - 395
4 bed semi detached - 455
4 bed detached - 475
5 bed detached - 515

conf101 Registered User

elliot895 said:
4 bed detached - 475
5 bed detached - 515

Super. Cheers

hammy007 Registered User

elliot895 said:
4 bed detached - 475
5 bed detached - 515

In my opinion, while these houses look nice, they are overpriced by 25,000 - 35,000. Bigger new build houses in a more expensive area (Skerries) are going for 340k for a 4 bed semi-detached : http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/skerries/4-bed-semi-detached-houses-barnageeragh-cove-hamilton-hill-skerries-dublin-1440669/

The second hand 3 bed semi detached homes in Donabate usually go for 350k or less. The new Beresford ones were going for 340k last year or the year before.

New builds in other areas like Swords tend to be on par with the prices of second hand homes, and these ones are far higher. I'm not sure where they're getting their pricing from.

conf101 Registered User

Pushing 400K for a 3-bed is seriously pricey alright. I wonder what kind of interest there is in them

2 people have thanked this post
Qwer Registered User

elliot895 said:
4 bed detached - 475
5 bed detached - 515

The 455 is for an extended 4 bed, there is a 4 bed about 1450 sq feet at 435, the latest phase in beresford was 370 for a 3 bed and 430 for a 4 bed, most nice second hand 4beds in donabate seem to be priced at 435. rahillion is a steel frame constuction , seems to be manufactured by a company in meath. The same builder used the same construction method in kellets grove in dunshauglin, whether its any good or how it differs from a timber frame constuction house i have no idea.

2 people have thanked this post
hammy007 Registered User

Qwer said:
The 455 is for an extended 4 bed, there is a 4 bed about 1450 sq feet at 435, the latest phase in beresford was 370 for a 3 bed and 430 for a 4 bed, most nice second hand 4beds in donabate seem to be priced at 435. rahillion is a steel frame constuction , seems to be manufactured by a company in meath. The same builder used the same construction method in kellets grove in dunshauglin, whether its any good or how it differs from a timber frame constuction house i have no idea.

Fair enough if the 4 bed is an extended and the normal ones are 435k- that would make a bit more sense. The price for the 3 bed is still ridiculously high. Even if latest phase of Beresford was 370k, why are these 395? That's a huge jump in housing prices in a very short amount of time. I'd hate to see what the phase 2 prices of the 3 beds will be.

Irish1913 said:
Interested to read this form, called agent about houses a few weeks ago. Plan of estate and houses look nice, decided before making decisions to do some research into their previous projects in Kildare/meath and called up to see previous estate in meath,spoke to resident up there who commented on builders being extremely slow and pushing out deadlines by months.

Thanks for your response. Can I ask you the name of the estates? I did some research and the only one I could come across completed by the builders was in dunshaughlin

sphinx501 Registered User

Appears Rahillion is finally being released this weekend; a spellcheck would have been useful

Just a quick reminder that New Homes, Rahillion Donabate will be laughing this weekend, Saturday 1st July and Sunday 2nd July from 1pm to 3pm.

Open viewing from 1pm - 3pm no appointment needed.

Raoul Registered User
sphinx501 Registered User

Only what I have seen above in this thread...and that matches with what I have heard.

4 bed detached - 475
5 bed detached - 515

Raoul Registered User

sphinx501 said:
Only what I have seen above in this thread...and that matches with what I have heard.

Seems a bit ridiculous. Not sure I will even bother going to the viewing.

Went out to view the property last night, was impressed.

The 4 bed extended for 455 was very big and would be perfect for a family.

The 3 bed was very spacious also with a huge master bed room along with walk in wardrobe and a very large double bedroom.

I think myself and my other half will go for it

On view again today and tomorrow from 1-3pm.

If anyone else does go out to view let me know your thoughts!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!