Steve X2 Moderator

Did a bit or marble engraving today as I found a mostly black chopping board in Tiger. Turned out pretty good actually.
Would be nicer without the marble veins, but they help a bit with the "space" look

5 people have thanked this post
Steve X2 Moderator

I was thinking the end of the month(May) would be the deadline for this. So if you want something done you'll need to have replied here and got your pics sorted by then.

1 person has thanked this post
Optimus Prime Roll Out...

How about that black marble chopping board with Han Solo frozen in carbonite! Or if you could find a grey one it would be cool.

Those computer chips you did from Star Trek look class as well.

1 person has thanked this post
CosmicSmash Registered User

It's not very A&R but I picked up some granite place mats and coasters from Argos a while ago. Size wise they may be suitable for engraving as they are a fraction under A4 in size. They come as a set of four mats with four coasters. There is a variation in colour between them but it's probably just down to them being stone, they're heavy too so you don't want to be carrying them around for long.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2264239/Trail/searchtext>GRANITE+PLACEMATS.htm

CosmicSmash Registered User

Is it possible to add lighting to the acrylic to illuminate the signs Steve? I would definitely be interested in getting a few logos made up. Where would be the best place to find the best quality files? A lot of questions I know.😂

Steve X2 Moderator

Optimus Prime said:
How about that black marble chopping board with Han Solo frozen in carbonite! Or if you could find a grey one it would be cool.

Those computer chips you did from Star Trek look class as well.

It all depends on the image to be engraved. Sometimes you think it'll be awesome and you end up with a mess.

The Star Trek isolinear chip, just a fun quick one i did. I plan to do a bunch of different ones in lots of transparent colours. There fluorescent acrylic, i think they'd look great in that material.

CosmicSmash said:
It's not very A&R but I picked up some granite place mats and coasters from Argos a while ago. Size wise they may be suitable for engraving as they are a fraction under A4 in size. They come as a set of four mats with four coasters. There is a variation in colour between them but it's probably just down to them being stone, they're heavy too so you don't want to be carrying them around for long.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2264239/Trail/searchtext>GRANITE+PLACEMATS.htm

I might pick up some of those and see how they engrave. Price is right

CosmicSmash said:
Is it possible to add lighting to the acrylic to illuminate the signs Steve? I would definitely be interested in getting a few logos made up. Where would be the best place to find the best quality files? A lot of questions I know.😂

Sure, you can buy/make bottom, side or top lighting strips for signs.
If I decide to make a side job of these sorts of things I'll be importing the bases from china. You can get some nice RGB ones for 5-6 euro each if you buy in bulk.

7 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!