Hatcho Registered User

Hi folks,

Quick question for y'all. I recently acquired a 2014 Cannondale Supersix Evo which is fitted with Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels. Back in 2013 I upgraded the wheels on my old bike to a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elites.

Is it worth fitting the Mavics to the new Supersix or are the Fulcrum's as good as or even a better wheelset?

One other complication is that the Mavics have a hub to fit a 9 speed cassette but the Supersix is fitted with 11 speed Di2. Is it a handy enough job to have the hub changed so it's compatible with the 11 speed cassette?

Thanks in advance for the help...
Seán.

nordicb Registered User

I think this boils down to 9 speed hub will not take 11 speed cassette, but other way around is possible, with a correct spacer.

These two wheelsets are in quite different price leagues, but I don't think Fulcrums are a shabby set, also they are Campag design with smooth open bearings, which roll very well.

1 person has thanked this post
clog Registered User

Kysriums would be slightly better specs than the Fulcrum 5's.

No need to change hub. 11 speed cassette will fit a Mavic freehub.

2 people have thanked this post
spyderski Registered User

If they're 2010+ model year Ksyrium elites they'll take an 11 speed cassette, just remove the spacers you'll find behind the current 9 speed one.

2 people have thanked this post
brownian Registered User

Do what the previous owner did - drop a grand on a pair of fancy extralites to pimp up your new bike

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!