KERSPLAT! Category Moderator

Apologies in the delay in this thread. The last thread went way off the rails, off topic and there were too many "experts" giving opinions on matters that they could not back up.

Please make sure you are aware of the boards T&Cs and the AH charter before posting. Post in a civilised manner and please, no speculation concerning sexuality, etc.

This is the only warning. Thanks.

I've included a few links to various articles to start off discussion:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/please-come-forward-this-is-relentless-family-of-missing-trevor-deely-appeal-to-man-in-black-on-cctv-35612199.html

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/244670/great-response-to-new-appeal-on-missing-naas-man-trevor-deely-gardai.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/trevor-deely-case-new-footage-shows-man-acting-suspiciously-1.3040404

8 people have thanked this post
Pheonix10 Registered User

I wonder if any of the recent footage has triggered any potential leads?!

Still can't understand why there would be someone loitering at 3am. It would be an interesting experiment to monitor footage from the area over a number of weeks and see if any similar circumstances present themselves such as someone waiting outside. Then you could get an idea of their profile and maybe a potential reason why someone would do this.

3 people have thanked this post
anna080 Registered User

On Claire Byrne on Monday night Trevor's sister said she keeps her eye on Internet forums discussing the disappearance. She said she thinks it's great that people are discussing it.
Without sounding annoying, I think posters should keep that in mind when posting. If they're in doubt whether something could be upsetting to the family then don't post it- because she as good as said that she's reading this.

91 people have thanked this post
anna080 Registered User

^ I'm not adding extra anything because I don't have the authority to do that. No harm in people being mindful that the sister could be reading what they're writing.

2 people have thanked this post
Barbie! I'm a Barbie girl in a Ken world.

Mod-Systemsdarken do not post in this thread again.

6 people have thanked this post
calk86 Registered User

I was in school when Trevor Deely went missing, and like so many of you, it is a case that shocks and saddens me. I feel incredibly sorry for his long suffering family, and hope they find answers soon. Having watched Donal Mac Intyrne's documentary, I cannot help but see that there are two men outside the bank, and to me it is obvious that one of them is not TD as MacIntyrne states. I'm just wondering if anybody else has noticed this, and that surely this avenue needs to be explored. Maybe I'm completely off track, but just feel this would be vital information. Just wondering if anybody else finds this suspicious? I also feel the guards have a lot more information that they are withholding for whatever reason.

4 people have thanked this post
Beechwoodspark Registered User

Article on Broadsheet alleges that there were 2 men standing at the gates of the bank where TD worked while he was inside the bank.

1 person has thanked this post
calk86 Registered User

Yes, just looked at this now, but I just wonder why more is not being made of it...

Laois_Man Registered User

Just watched Trevor's sister on Claire Byrne Live on RTE player. She was brilliant. It's heartening to hear her state that a lot of people have responded to the new appeal.

It's difficult to know how a thread here could help further. Every possible angle and theory has been discussed to exhaustion here by more than 1 previous thread. Hoping somebody can help them though, here or on the Crimestoppers Number on 1800 25-00-25

The new enhanced footage from the BOIAM building showing the man in back from 3:05am to Trevor's arrival at 3:34am and then from the second camera when Trevor speaks with the man and enters the building at 3:35am - followed by Trevor leaving the building at 4:02am - and then the 3rd camera showing Trevor walking under the ATM camera at 4:14am and the same (or a different?) man in back following 30 seconds behind

They need to release the footage at NORMAL speed because nobody is going to recognise the mans gait from sped up footage, and they need to show what the man in black did after Trevor entered the building - as far as what they have - and also what he did and who he interacted with in the 29 minutes from the time he arrived under the first camera to the time Trevor arrived at the building

TV3 Documentary

I think the best information out there though is the 3-part article by Rosita Boland and published by The Irish Times in February 2015

The disappearance of Trevor Deely, part 1

The disappearance of Trevor Deely, part 2: the search

The disappearance of Trevor Deely, part 3: living with loss

13 people have thanked this post
Merkin Moderator

I agree. The 3rd video needs to be shown to the public at normal speed as was shown in the McIntyre documentary. The man apparently following TD has *such* a distinctive walk, almost a slope as it were. I should imagine if someone who knows this person was to see actual speed footage they'd recognise him immediately.

3 people have thanked this post
Laois_Man Registered User

Also, just to further drive home the incompetence of the Gardai, there's the CCTV showing the Man in Black had an apparent friend arrive a minute and a half after Trevor entered the building. Where was he for the half hour before and where did they both go when they left the shot?

https://youtu.be/mLXEME-G0A8

The Gardai have never highlighted this person....another thing to add to the pletoria of information missing from their presentations to the public.

8 people have thanked this post
noodler Registered User

Laois_Man said:
Also, just to further drive home the incompetence of the Gardai, there's the CCTV showing the Man in Black had an apparent friend arrive a minute and a half after Trevor entered the building. Where was he for the half hour before and where did they both go when they left the shot?

https://youtu.be/mLXEME-G0A8

The Gardai have never highlighted this person....another thing to add to the pletoria of information missing from their presentations to the public.

That is absolutely massive.

A second person and they're both standing up against the gate staring at the bank /TD 90 seconds after he enters.

10 people have thanked this post
greencap Registered User

noodler said:
That is absolutely massive.

A second person and they're both standing up against the gate staring at the bank /TD 90 seconds after he enters.

lookin at it now. the only annoying thing is that the footage cuts out right after td leaves.

if someone is going to directly follow they'd probably do so in the seconds right after.

2nd person is indeed v strong suggestion something is up.

WoollyRedHat Registered User

That puts a whole different twist on this. The fact there was a second man outside watching on outside the BOiAM building is very sinister. Would explain why the guy in the footage at 415 looks different. Has he even been mentioned before?

Is it possible that guy #1 was anticipating his arrival and rang for this second person to come?

Rightwing Registered User

I notice the cnut at the door has very shiny shoes. Not sure if the follower has them as well?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!