Captain Snow Registered User
#1

A bit of a pattern developing at the moment. Depending on the orientation of the High pressure over the weekend possible 528 dam line crossing us. Supporting the idea of Ninja Snow. But also for any gardeners out there we will have some frost at night. Cover up those delicate flowers and bring them into a glass house if you have one.









Any change to this chart and the Dam Line crosses us, we are into Snow just like what happened last time.







6 people have thanked this post
Clonmel1000 Registered User
#2

Could Easter Sunday in the middle of April be colder than Christmas Day? A truly crazy climate we have.

tatranska Registered User
#3

I hate this forum. It's always bad news with he weather just whencit really matters

The big question..Will it be dry in Kerry on Saturday? A

Meteorite58 Moderator
#4

Going through the various charts I'm not really seeing anything significant at this stage. Cold nights especially Mon, Tues , Weds with temperatures 10 -12 approx during the days, Easter Sun not looking too bad in the South possibly getting up to 13- 14C. Cooler Temps more North. Around next Thurs may turn out pleasant. Different story in Scotland and North of England looking much cooler.

850 hpa temps cold Saturday, but not much after that except for some Northern areas at times.







4 people have thanked this post
sryanbruen Registered User
#5

Clonmel1000 said:
Could Easter Sunday in the middle of April be colder than Christmas Day? A truly crazy climate we have.


That has happened a lot, lot of times. In recent years, it has happened in 2015/16, 2012/13 and 2011/12.

After all, it's more likely to snow on Easter than Christmas Day.

1 person has thanked this post
pauldry Registered User
#6

I remember one Easter Sunday when I was a kid in the 80s and it was well over 20c and we were at the beach. When was that Syran? It was definitely a late April Easter but I dont know what year

1 person has thanked this post
sryanbruen Registered User
#7

pauldry said:
I remember one Easter Sunday when I was a kid in the 80s and it was well over 20c and we were at the beach. When was that Syran? It was definitely a late April Easter but I dont know what year


Definitely 1984.

3 people have thanked this post
Gonzo Registered User
#8

sryanbruen said:
Definitely 1984.


I vaguely remember that easter, from memory it seemed like a week of solid blue skies and warm sunshine, school holidays and cousins stayed over for the week.

Harry Palmr Registered User
#9

It's April.

1 person has thanked this post
sryanbruen Registered User
#10

Gonzo said:
I vaguely remember that easter, from memory it seemed like a week of solid blue skies and warm sunshine, school holidays and cousins stayed over for the week.


It was until the last day, the 30th.

pauldry Registered User
#11

Also met eireann says tomorrow will be dry but loadsa rain coming to nw

Do they look at sat24 ever

highdef Registered User
#12

pauldry said:
Also met eireann says tomorrow will be dry but loadsa rain coming to nw

Do they look at sat24 ever

I'm not seeing a load of rain coming to the NW on sat24. In fact, cloud seems to be dispersing as the morning progresses

pauldry Registered User
#13

Yeah looked a lot worse yesterday.

I guess its waiting till Sunday as usual

Captain Snow Registered User
#14

Looks like a cold dry week. Frosty Mon to Wed according to the ECM.



sryanbruen Registered User
#15

Christmas Day 2016 and Easter Sunday 2017's maximum temperatures are fairly close to each other at 10-14c and 10-15c respectively. It looks like Christmas Day being milder in the north than Easter Sunday but Easter Sunday looks being milder in the south than Christmas Day, a bit weird.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!