• Now We're Sucking Deysel (15.71%)
  • John Hayes Ligind (5.71%)
  • A new born king to see POM POM POM POM POM (22.86%)
  • Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop) (9.29%)
  • Return of the JJ (7.86%)
  • Stander Up and Fight (26.43%)
  • Guess Who's Back, Back Again? JJ's Back, Tell a Friend (3.57%)
  • Deysel powered va JJ (8.57%)
Zzippy Moderator

New Munster thread here. Suggestions for a title are welcome, we might add a poll for a few days to pick a winner.

Usual charter rules apply, Munster-related team talk/gossip here.

1 person has thanked this post

Stander-ing to Erik Shin ?

3 people have thanked this post
Former Former Registered User

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - Now we're sucking Deysel

5 people have thanked this post
thomond2006 Registered User

John Hayes Ligind.

Do it right now Zzippy.

Venjur Registered User

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - The more the Murrayer

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - It's Heaslips fault

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - Taute not Touting

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - Title TBC

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - The Smooching Flankers Club

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - The Axel of Glory

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - Red sky in the morning.. ... John Hayes is a ligind

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - A new born king to see POM POM POM POM POM

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - 23 Scannells, sitting on a wall

Munster Team Talk Episode VI - Return of the JJ

4 people have thanked this post
leakyboots Registered User

Goddamit, I spent enough time faffing about not doing work for my last post on the last thread and it gets lost!

venjur

Carbery needs to start kicking 80%+ and playing games before he realistically comes into the conversation. Tyler is doing both of these things at the moment.

From a Munster perspective though it's worrying that some of the names being put forward as future International stars (Kleyn, Carbery) are project players.

Out of interest, who of the uncapped bunch of lads that are from Munster do people think are likely to break through in the coming years?

I wouldn't say it's particularly worrying at all, Munster's representation in Ireland squads is pretty good at the moment. And there's a good case that someone like Killer should have been ahead of Healy this Six Nations.

Niall Scannell is already second choice hooker and I'd back him to continue his upward trajectory and take over from Best. Rory Scannell is knocking on the extended squad door too, even if his form took it's first dip during the Six Nations - he'll surely get a runout in Japan. He offers something different to the 12 role, distribution and kicking are much better than Henshaw (he completely outplayed him in Thomond Park, probably one of his best performances this season). Needs a big game v Sarries and beyond.

BTW, there's a third Scannell coming down the tracks that could be the most talented of the lot from what a mate said (pinch of salt... but getting my spake in very early!).

Sweetnam looks to be good for caps in Japan, classy player. Conway deservedly has forced his way into the reckoning. Those few are the most immediate that I see stepping up along with Tyler after Xmas.

Beyond that in the slightly longer term, Conor Oliver looks to have the goods, been very impressive so far and is pushing TOD. Backrow internationally is ridiculously competitive though obviously. JOD has already been capped but this season has been one of sort of stagnation from him being moved around/injured since his cap. Given his pedigree the whole way through his career so far I'd back him to up his game more, only just turned 23 too in February.

There's a glut of back 3 players across all the provinces who'll be jostling for the next season or two for Kearney and Trimble's jerseys (possibly Earls too but the other two are more immediately at risk) until someone of the incumbents moves their game up a level and nails down the jersey.

D'ya know who has arguably been the most impressive Irish wing this season over the course of the whole season in the Pro12... Ronan O'Mahony. I don't particularly rate him and don't think he's within a sniff of international caps but he's having the season of his life as a dirt-tracker. Not really part of this conversation but just struck me that I wanted to make the point, had worked hard on his game.

Anyway, others to keep half an eye on long-term from Munster:

Alex Wootton is cut from the same cloth as Sweetnam but his injury really happened at the worst time this season, was looking forward to seeing him get a run, serious gas and great in the air. Ronan O'Mahony really benefitted from his injury.

Fineen Wycherley in the second row should see more gametime if DR is moving on, but too early to say how high his ceiling is - the fact Rassie has given him gametime and he's only 19 (an absolute horse of a young fella) bodes well.

Bill Johnston looked to be on the cards but has now broke his fibula or tibula or something, that's a couple of horrific injuries for him so who knows how he'll bounce back.

You'll always have a bolter out of 'nowhere' like JvdF or Carberry so who knows, maybe JJ comes back and rips it up, or Farrell or Sam Arnold (not Munster born and bred obviously).

Munster A and Junior teams have been quietly tipping away, Juniors beat the three other provinces last season (hockeyed Leinster away and Connacht at home) and the As are in the final this year, so looks like we've finally got our structures right and starting to bear fruit.

2 people have thanked this post

Oh and I'm sticking by my

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)

suggestion

Stan27 Registered User

The fortress awakens 😇

case885 Registered User

I'm liking return of the JJ ðŸ˜

wp_rathead Registered User

"Stander Up and Fight" is too easy?

2 people have thanked this post
shootermacg Registered User

Not sure about Connor Oliver, sure he's mobile, but he's only little and light, barely 6 foot even.

Ah he's stocky enough to my eye, only 21 too so plenty of time to fill out.

The height thing wouldn't bother me at all, he's very quick to get down on the ball.

OhHiMark Registered User

shootermacg said:
Not sure about Connor Oliver, sure he's mobile, but he's only little and light, barely 6 foot even.

He's too small for international rugby.

partyjungle Registered User

Best one yet:

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - A new born king to see POM POM POM POM POM

13 people have thanked this post
phog Registered User

TRKs - The GIF Room : Mauling Toulouse

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!