rollingscone Registered User

Ahoy

What sort of options are out there for cycling glasses with air vents AND prescription lenses?

Can the lenses from an existing set be reused?

Thanks

smacl Registered User

Did you get anywhere with this. Also considering new specs (Specsavers), as the ones I have cut off my peripheral vision more than I'd like. If you're looking for vents to stop fogging off, muc off anti-fog is worth a punt.

rollingscone Registered User

smacl said:
Did you get anywhere with this. Also considering new specs (Specsavers), as the ones I have cut off my peripheral vision more than I'd like. If you're looking for vents to stop fogging off, muc off anti-fog is worth a punt.

Not really
There's a couple of places online that seem to do prescription cycling glasses to order.

Optilabs.co.uk or SportsRX

Paterscone got his current unvented cycling glasses as part of a 2 for 1 deal in Specsavers

C3PO Registered User

rollingscone said:
Not really
There's a couple of places online that seem to do prescription cycling glasses to order.

Optilabs.co.uk or SportsRX

Paterscone got his current unvented cycling glasses as part of a 2 for 1 deal in Specsavers

There was a recent thread about prescription cycling glasses - Optilabs were recommended by a number of people. I've bought two pairs from them and will go back again - excellent service!

robyntmorton Registered User

For the likes of Optilabs, are they actual prescription lenses, or a prescription insert? I find the inserts can sit a little too close to the eyes, and get uncomfortable.

C3PO Registered User

robyntmorton said:
For the likes of Optilabs, are they actual prescription lenses, or a prescription insert? I find the inserts can sit a little too close to the eyes, and get uncomfortable.

Both of mine are prescription lenses but I think they offer the insert option on some of their styles - https://www.optilabs.com/product-category/sport/cycling-sunglasses/

1 person has thanked this post
robyntmorton Registered User

Ah yeah, I see it is clearly differentiated. Good to know. Thanks.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!