Johnnyhpipe Registered User

Hi,

These Chopped salad places are popping up everywhere now - which is great! I note that their calories are all displayed on the menu and all "exclude the dressing".

I can't seem to find their dressing calories anywhere but suspect that its not quite as low calorie once you add that in! I'd say you could easily add another 150-200 cals for some of these dressings..

Anyone have any info on them?

Cheers

anewme Registered User

You'd be right in thinking that.

Lemon juice 8 calories.
BBQ zesty 70 calories
Low fat sweet chilli 96 calories
Cajun lemon/ fitzwillam 177 calories
Spiced herb or piri piri 180
Low fat mayo 188 calories
Ceasar 192
Chopped house 196
Honey mustard 225
Balsamic vinaigrette 227
Lemon herb vinaigrette 407
Olive oil 504

Think I left out a couple, Mexican, Greek and Thai are around 182 calories

This is all for 60g dressings in the salads, they put 35,g into the wraps

6 people have thanked this post
pinkypinky Moderator

The portions are enormous. I got 2 days of lunch out of one, and they were still really big. Sure the food is all healthy, but there's too much of it.

anewme said:
You'd be right in thinking that.

Lemon juice 8 calories.
BBQ zesty 70 calories
Low fat sweet chilli 96 calories
Cajun lemon/ fitzwillam 177 calories
Spiced herb or piri piri 180
Low fat mayo 188 calories
Ceasar 192
Chopped house 196
Honey mustard 225
Balsamic vinaigrette 227
Lemon herb vinaigrette 407
Olive oil 504

Think I left out a couple, Mexican, Greek and Thai are around 182 calories

This is all for 60g dressings in the salads, they out 35,into the wraps

Excellent thanks!! Where did you find this?

anewme Registered User

Johnnyhpipe said:
Excellent thanks!! Where did you find this?

I got it from chopped. We were getting a salad and my friend got Mexican i twigged the dressing would be high so I only got Lemon juice . Sent them a mail when I noticed no dressing details available.

9 people have thanked this post

Bloody hell! I'll be using half portions of dressing from now on!

L1011 Moderator

The salad bowls are ridiculously large - might be OK if you're going for a mostly veg one, but you're conning yourself if you think multiple rashers, rather a lot of cheese and a tub of caeser on top of a bucket of veg is a light lunch.

anewme Registered User

This is the advice from chopped, which came with the dressing details

A few tips - if you’re calorie conscious we always suggest:
(1) lemon juice - it’s almost cal free, healthy and delicious;
(2) staying away from our olive oil based dressings - although full of healthy natural fats, they are very high in calorie count;
(3) asking for your chosen dressing on-the-side in a ramekin - you can then manage your dressing amount yourself.

3 people have thanked this post

From a purely calorie counting perspective...There's less calories in a big mac than in what i was getting from chopped according to this! No comparison in terms of nutrients of course.

Lemon juice today it is!

emo72 Registered User

One opened up beside me. Was looking at all the beautiful ingredients under the glass. They would make your mouth water. But then they only give a tiny amount of ingredients and smother it in green leaves. I'm not so keen then.

4 people have thanked this post
anewme Registered User

L1011 said:
The salad bowls are ridiculously large - might be OK if you're going for a mostly veg one, but you're conning yourself if you think multiple rashers, rather a lot of cheese and a tub of caeser on top of a bucket of veg is a light lunch.

There's a lot of leaves and not as much filling!!

2 people have thanked this post
L1011 Moderator

anewme said:
There's a lot of leaves and not as much filling!!

They may have got stingier (or they gave more to frequent customers) but I was getting them 3-4 times a week via downthesofa in a previous job. Would be virtual doorsteps of ham or half a pack of rashers in a bowl.

anewme Registered User

L1011 said:
They may have got stingier (or they gave more to frequent customers) but I was getting them 3-4 times a week via downthesofa in a previous job. Would be virtual doorsteps of ham or half a pack of rashers in a bowl.

I got the Quinoa one and remember I would not be getting fat on the amount of fillings apart from lettuce!

Dial Hard Registered User

emo72
One opened up beside me. Was looking at all the beautiful ingredients under the glass. They would make your mouth water. But then they only give a tiny amount of ingredients and smother it in green leaves. I'm not so keen then.

Isn't that kind of the entire point of a salad?

5 people have thanked this post
TimeToShine Registered User

pinkypinky said:
The portions are enormous. I got 2 days of lunch out of one, and they were still really big. Sure the food is all healthy, but there's too much of it.

I have never, ever, ever had this problem in Chopped. I would be utterly shocked if there are any males around who consider the salad bowls to be too big. I usually get the salmon/chicken and the portion is fairly meagre - they pile the kale in alright but that wouldn't fill you up at all.

8 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!