Techo Registered User
#1

Was looking at getting a torque wrench for the odd time I'd be using one but pricy enough for the use it'd get. Thought I'd throw a shout out here to see if anyone is selling one. Cheers.

ridelikeaturtle Registered User
#2

I'm not selling one, but if you have the option I'd recommend going with a "beam-type" torque wrench - because the click-type ones don't work for left-hand thread, where the wrench is going in the loosening direction, when installing English-threaded bottom brackets or cups.

cnocbui Registered User
#3

My click type torque wrench works in either direction, but wouldn't go low enough for bike size fasteners.

1 person has thanked this post
Cee-Jay-Cee Registered User
#4

ridelikeaturtle said:
I'm not selling one, but if you have the option I'd recommend going with a "beam-type" torque wrench - because the click-type ones don't work for left-hand thread, where the wrench is going in the loosening direction, when installing English-threaded bottom brackets or cups.


My Lifeline torque wrench works in both directions.

1 person has thanked this post
ridelikeaturtle Registered User
#5

Cee-Jay-Cee said:
My Lifeline torque wrench works in both directions.


Very interesting, my Draper does not. I had no idea some did & some didn't - thanks!

iwillhtfu Registered User
#6

ridelikeaturtle said:
Very interesting, my Draper does not. I had no idea some did & some didn't - thanks!


Does yours just not do torque settings when turning anti clockwise? I guess that would make sense as you don't generally need torque setting when loosening a nut/bolt.

Unknown Soldier Registered User
#7

Techo said:
Was looking at getting a torque wrench for the odd time I'd be using one but pricy enough for the use it'd get. Thought I'd throw a shout out here to see if anyone is selling one. Cheers.


Is it for the high end of the scale or the lower, like Stems/Seat post clamps etc?

Techo Registered User
#8

Unknown Soldier said:
Is it for the high end of the scale or the lower, like Stems/Seat post clamps etc?


Yeah just to adjust stems, handlebars, seatposts..nothing mre fancy...don't do the technical stuff too well!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!