Matt Simis Registered User

Went for a more ambitious two tone this time as the original was dated and grotty as fk:

Still some edging and cleaning to do.. running low on colours now (VW Flannel Grey, Audi Slate Grey).

11 people have thanked this post
Curran Registered User

Great work

pa990 Registered User

wwww

Who
What
Where
When

pa990 said:
wwww

Who
What
Where
When

Who - Me?
What - Touareg V10 TDI 2004
Where - garden
When - took two days, two days ago!

1 person has thanked this post
colm_mcm Registered User

I would do the rest of the armrest in brown.

Looks class otherwise.

colm_mcm said:
I would do the rest of the armrest in brown.

Looks class otherwise.

Brown??? What part and why brown of all things? The part under the armrest is hard plastic, not leather, so cannot really be dye'd as such. Its connected to the the dash etc as one piece so its all that colour. So like changing that would be a huge job and make for a very dark interior. Ill put a photo up from the other angle.
Also nothing is brown other than (kinda?) that horrid wood grain steering wheel.

colm_mcm Registered User

Are the dark bits not brown?

I'm talking about the middle section of the armrest that's sorta ivory coloured at the moment. I'm saying do the armrest all in the darker colour. It just looks a bit unfinished the way it is now.

Must emphasise that it's a zillion times nicer than it was.

colm_mcm said:
Are the dark bits not brown?

I'm talking about the middle section of the armrest that's sorta ivory coloured at the moment. I'm saying do the armrest all in the darker colour. It just looks a bit unfinished the way it is now.

Must emphasise that it's a zillion times nicer than it was.

You're mad or your monitor is! The dark bits are dark grey, a very dark inky blue/black really.

colm_mcm Registered User

Coming up brown on iPhone and iPad. I'm not colour blind or anything.

colm_mcm said:
Coming up brown on iPhone and iPad. I'm not colour blind or anything.

lol!
In a way I can see it too (in the close up more so), like that dress colour debate. it's dark grey tho.

166man Registered User

Looks absolutely ace. What a difference that makes.

dar83 Registered User

You didn't dye the engine to a petrol by any chance did you?

2 people have thanked this post
MetzgerMeister Der Möderätor

I got steering wheel dye from Dynamix a few months ago based on your feedback about them. I followed all instructions with cleaning, application method and drying time etc. It worked very well but after 2 days it started coming off on my hands.

Tried contacting them but all emails were ignored.

MetzgerMeister said:
I got steering wheel dye from Dynamix a few months ago based on your feedback about them. I followed all instructions with cleaning, application method and drying time etc. It worked very well but after 2 days it started coming off on my hands.

Tried contacting them but all emails were ignored.

Yeah they seem to have gone downhill customer service wise, took 7weeks to get this lot. Next time I thinking of buying from http://www.fabricspray.ie/ they sell the American brand Fabric dye people rate highly.

MetzgerMeister Der Möderätor

I gave up on dyes and just got a retrimmed (with M-Sport stitching) exchange wheel from Royal Steering Wheels in the UK. Top class quality!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!