spurious Category Moderator

Junipers said:
Lost of Black Friday deals listed by Claire Santry http://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Irish-genealogy-special-offers.html

The rootsireland one mentioned by Claire is worth getting. What I liked was they allowed me to add the reduced subscription on to the end of my current one. Often these deals are only for new subscribers.

pinkypinky Moderator

I already took advantage of their last 1/3 off offer earlier this year but it's a really good deal, and I've used it lots.

pedroeibar1 Registered User

Last day for special offers / reduced prices on FTDNA is tomorrow. Some good value to be had for those interested

BottleOfSmoke Registered User

This may be the last day for 15% discount on the annual subscription. The promo code is displayed on the site as "Xmas15".

hjr Registered User

Lots of good offers for Ancestry.com alright. Always frustrating that there's never offers for Ancestry.co.uk tho. My tree, etc seems to be with the .co.uk site, so can never benefit from the .com offers!

pinkypinky Moderator

It's all the same site - they just move you to the closest one but it's not like Amazon where you can have different wishlists on the .com vs the .co.uk
My tree is there regardless of which url.

hjr Registered User

pinkypinky said:
It's all the same site - they just move you to the closest one but it's not like Amazon where you can have different wishlists on the .com vs the .co.uk
My tree is there regardless of which url.

Yep thats true, but I've contacted them before and they've told me I can't avail of any .com offers....

BowWow Registered User

Flash sale on "Find my Past" at the moment!

€1 for first month for new accounts.

The $99 offer for six months really is $99 +tax of $22.77. = $121.77. Why the tax for a non-US resident?

pinkypinky Moderator

I don't know - that is surprising. Suppose you could claim it back via that taxback.com crowd.

leck Registered User

FTDNA $55 via US Groupon.

Family Finder DNA Ancestry Test from Family Tree DNA (Up to 38% Off)
$55 (reg $89)

Upon redemption on merchant's site, customers pay $12.95 for shipping which covers shipment of kit from merchant and shipping back to merchant and an additional $1 promotional fee. Return shipping is not covered for orders outside the US.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/family-tree-dna-1-1-national

P_1 Registered User

pedroeibar1 said:
The $99 offer for six months really is $99 +tax of $22.77. = $121.77. Why the tax for a non-US resident?

Basically the site quotes all US prices ex-VAT and then applies the VAT of the US State (or country if you're outside the US) your address is registered in for .com offers. .co.uk etc will always quote the price including VAT.

1 person has thanked this post

P_1 said:
Basically the site quotes all US prices ex-VAT and then applies the VAT of the US State (or country if you're outside the US) your address is registered in for .com offers. .co.uk etc will always quote the price including VAT.

I guessed that, based on the % tax amount, I just wanted to ascertain why it could be due. I've since found out that the tax law changed in 2015 and Revenue Ireland deemed the tax on electronic services to be due in the country of the customer.

justagirl Registered User

Just fyi https://www.findmypast.ie/ has free access to birth, marriage, death and census records until February 8th.

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!