Tom Young Moderator
#1

This is the new FE1 Exam Thread

This is a link to the old one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055143169

This is a link to the next one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056907164

Sorry, I'm aware we are in the throws of FE1 season, but due to a server issue, a new thread was required. Old chats and posts below - Thanks!

Mod warning in post #1205: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88514663&postcount=1205

Mod warning in post #2555: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91819622&postcount=2555

Mod warning in post #2593: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92025688&postcount=2593

Moderator: The above warnings mean it is not ok to buy, sell or swap (trade) any exam materials in this thread. Exam grids are the only exception. You may request and exchange exam grids but at no point will money be allowed to change hands for them.

1 person has thanked this post
legalease2172 Registered User
#2

Activity really drops off here innit!

1 person has thanked this post
Gunslinger92 Registered User
#3

legalease2172 said:
Activity really drops off here innit!


Presumably because we all want to forget about the horrors of them I'm only fully recovered in the past few days like

However, I do have a question for ye. This was my first sitting and I understand that when the results come out, you log onto the law society website with your ID number and a password? I have the ID number, but no password? Do they send you a letter with it or something?

2 people have thanked this post
Rebelgirl87 Registered User
#4

Gunslinger92 said:
Presumably because we all want to forget about the horrors of them I'm only fully recovered in the past few days like

However, I do have a question for ye. This was my first sitting and I understand that when the results come out, you log onto the law society website with your ID number and a password? I have the ID number, but no password? Do they send you a letter with it or something?


Yes they send you out a letter saying your password is the word <<Mod deletion>> and when you log in with it you can change it to whatever password you want.

Mod
Gotta be careful with passwords

1 person has thanked this post
kevin125 Registered User
#5

Mod
Sorry trading of manuals not allowed in this forum
See OP at top of forum

Dr Ice Registered User
#6

Hi,

New to law and the FE1 Exams, I intend to give them a crack in April. Regarding exam technique, could someone recommend a text that provides instruction on how to answer exam questions, ILAC/IRAC for problem questions for example? An introductory first year law book might be the thing, any ideas?

Thanks.

Yoop Registered User
#7

Dr Ice said:
Hi,

New to law and the FE1 Exams, I intend to give them a crack in April. Regarding exam technique, could someone recommend a text that provides instruction on how to answer exam questions, ILAC/IRAC for problem questions for example? An introductory first year law book might be the thing, any ideas?

Thanks.


I think I remember seeing 'How To Write Law Essays & Exams' by S.I. Strong in my college library. I'm not entirely sure how good it is but it should be a useful introduction. I would also recommend doing a quick Google search; there are a lot of useful websites which provide examples of how you would approach a question using ILAC.

Best of luck

1 person has thanked this post
nuac Moderator
#8

About 40 years ago a Prof Glanville Williams wrote a good book on Legal Study.

As far as i remember it had a section on exam technique.

Gave my copies aeons ago to apprentices - but it is worth reading if available

2 people have thanked this post
Hunchback Registered User
#9

nuac said:
About 40 years ago a Prof Glanville Williams wrote a good book on Legal Study.

As far as i remember it had a section on exam technique.

Gave my copies aeons ago to an apprentices - but it is worth reading if available


It is as good a pocket book as you can get. Would recommend.

2 people have thanked this post
Peregrinus Registered User
#10

nuac said:
About 40 years ago a Prof Glanville Williams wrote a good book on Legal Study.

Learning the Law. Still in print after more than 70 years.

3 people have thanked this post
legalease2172 Registered User
#11

Anyone have any idea when results come out? Annoying the way it takes so long :/

jdbarry Registered User
#12

legalease2172 said:
Anyone have any idea when results come out? Annoying the way it takes so long :/


It's usually 6 weeks after the last exam, so it should be Friday the 25th of November.

Tis a long wait alright!

legalease2172 Registered User
#13

jdbarry said:
It's usually 6 weeks after the last exam, so it should be Friday the 25th of November.

Tis a long wait alright!


Would just be nice to say that I've passed 8 exams in my interview!

1 person has thanked this post
Gunslinger92 Registered User
#14

I know it's annoying waiting for results but I think 6 weeks is a quick enough turnaround given that over 1,000 people sit them?

Also the thought of being in work and having people ask how I got on is horrific, but I am not going to be able to wait til I get home to check them

Aoife2012 Registered User
#15

Hi, could someone please tell me what dates the spring sittings are? (or usually are if they haven't been scheduled yet) Thanks.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!