RGM Registered User

hammy007 said:
In fairness, they are all estimates, and can't truly be relied upon with certainly. I actually found my new FTDNA ethnicity results more similar to my Ancestry results, whereas before they were a good bit different.

They are estimates, yes. It's just disconcerting to see an upgrade make the estimate less accurate than it was before.

Maybe I'm an outlier in this case, I don't know.

pinkypinky Moderator

The tests come from and go back to a lab in the USA. It's just customer service and finance on Sir John Rogerson's Quay.

InTheTrees Registered User

JamboMac said:
That saliva sample is difficult and I feel there may be more than saliva, here's hoping it's a good sample.

I had to do it twice. About three weeks after i sent mine in (to Ancestry) i got another testing kit in the post with a note saying my last saliva sample wasnt good enough. Second time worked fine though.

JamboMac Registered User

Anybody else get the lovely email that coz they where busy during Christmas it's gonna be a delay? It's now nearly may, Christmas should not effect may. In all fairness it's only week 3 since I sent it just worried that this delay could end up being 3 months or something.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!