ladygoodman Registered User

mickmackey1 said:
There was no shortage of painters back then anyway! Well if you're 100% sure they were the parents of your grandmother I'm not sure what more can be done. Married in 1896, no children listed by 1911 or none on either death cert, it's a bit of a mystery.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what to do really at this point! Thanks anyways

pinkypinky Moderator

DNA - find a Tully descendant and see if you match.

Will look into it - My dad seems pretty adamant his grandmother was a Tully.

Is there anywhere I can access birth records offline?

pinkypinky Moderator

Have a read of our sticky: you can go to the GRO reading room and investigate those records I found further up the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388162

1 person has thanked this post

pinkypinky said:
Have a read of our sticky: you can go to the GRO reading room and investigate those records I found further up the thread.

Thanks for your reply.

I have been in touch with the GRO and they cannot find a record of her - really struggling now.

Whereisgerry? Registered User

ladygoodman said:
pinkypinky said:

Thanks for your reply.

I have been in touch with the GRO and they cannot find a record of her - really struggling now.

Have you tried the local church for baptism records? I have a similar issue with my great grandfather but the church had no record of him either. I'm actually starting to wonder if he was their child at All.

pinkypinky Moderator

Just to be clear, did you eliminate the birth records I found earlier in this thread?

If so, you need to widen the search to people born in other parts of the country & as we saw with the census, transcriptions errors will abound.

pinkypinky said:
Just to be clear, did you eliminate the birth records I found earlier in this thread?

If so, you need to widen the search to people born in other parts of the country & as we saw with the census, transcriptions errors will abound.

Yes, I have eliminated the records found earlier - don't think information adds up.

I have widened the search, there are a few feerys' around Ireland but can't seem to find a connection at all.

Doesn't make a lot of sense, her parents/grandparents/greatgrandparents on both sides were all born within the same area in Dublin and are all connected to the same church and so are her (first) husbands family and I also have a record of their marriage in said church. I can't understand why the GRO would have no record - unless her parents moved for a few years and she was born elsewhere but apparently unlikely as they were quite poor.

Hermy Registered User

You say in your opening post that you have no record of Mary Feery's death.
I assume you mean you found no civil record of her death but it may interest you to know that there is an entry for her in the 1971 will calendars at the National Archives.

Hermy said:
You say in your opening post that you have no record of Mary Feery's death.
I assume you mean you found no civil record of her death but it may interest you to know that there is an entry for her in the 1971 will calendars at the National Archives.

That would be interesting to see - however she wouldn't have been Mary Feery at the time of her death.

Mary Feery (Maiden name) Mary Fleming (First marriage) Mary Duff (Second marriage)

*EDIT* Thanks - Looked it up just there.

Hermy Registered User

Glad you found it.
I didn't want to post it as the other party mentioned may still be living.

Whereisgerry? said:
Have you tried the local church for baptism records? I have a similar issue with my great grandfather but the church had no record of him either. I'm actually starting to wonder if he was their child at All.

Yes, I was in touch with them and they just got back to me and found no record of her baptism between 1915 - 1918.

I have asked them to widen those years, so fingers crossed.

Whereisgerry? Registered User

ladygoodman said:
Whereisgerry? said:

Yes, I was in touch with them and they just got back to me and found no record of her baptism between 1915 - 1918.

I have asked them to widen those years, so fingers crossed.

Did you try St Josephs church near the Mater? That's very close to Mountjoy Square.

I found my record of my great grandfather this week after months of looking. His first name wasn't on the record & his mothers maiden name wasn't spelled correctly either. It was a relief to find him. The family have been looking for years and even hired a genealogist! I stumbled on the record almost by accident.

Whereisgerry? said:
Did you try St Josephs church near the Mater? That's very close to Mountjoy Square.

I found my record of my great grandfather this week after months of looking. His first name wasn't on the record & his mothers maiden name wasn't spelled correctly either. It was a relief to find him. The family have been looking for years and even hired a genealogist! I stumbled on the record almost by accident.

Thanks, will definitely look into it. I would find it strange if she was recorded in a different church as all family members seem to be associated with St Mary's pro-cathedral. I'm also now speculating if her parents are even her parents!

Great news on your find!

Not sure if I am getting closer or further away.

On closer inspection, I noticed her mother Annie Tully, died in 1936 aged 54
Making her year of birth 1882.
From her marriage record she married in 1896.
Now according to these two dates, 1896 - 1882, Annie Tully would have been only 14 years of age at the time of her marriage.

She had apparently 2 children, James (1915) and Mary (1917) If that is correct, it took them 19 years to have children?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!