rolion Registered User

...for chatting on the phone,cycling the zebra and just taking the fcuking piss of the drivers !
And is not the only one that i have on my dashcam, just the one that actually behaved like is been offended by my driving style !

Guys ... a friendly note / warning : i drive a fcuking heavy machinery that cannot protect YOU when YOU behave stupid and your mum and dad waiting at home !!!

LE:
I am not going to comment on my driving style OR speed OR going on/off.
In the case that the other guy will have hit my car on the road,i will be here typing on the keyboard and his mum crying loud !
SO, irrespective of the speed, careless, horses, offroad to avoid the bike, PLEASE pay attention as not all clashes can end up like this one,not all the drivers have the crystal ball beside them to guess/anticipate what a cycle will do on the side of the road.
I'm putting the clip here as a warning and not as a rant over the cyclists that sometimes are drivers too,me inclusive.
AND not lastly... a pedestrian crossing does not give you / involve that you have priority aka jumping in the front of the moving car but rather a meaning that you, as a civilised person can cross the road safely in relation to other traffic participants that,unfrotunately ,that day left the crystal zebra ball in the back if his car !

Be good, cycle / drive safely !

3 people have thanked this post
All My Stars Aligned Registered User

This thread is going to end well

8 people have thanked this post
_Brian Registered User

From that clip the driver wasn't paying enough attention to someone approaching the pedestrian crossing.

Now they're not for cyclists but does that allow an idiot driver to mow them down - no it doesn't.

The type of aggressive driving displayed here is a potential "dangerous driving" from what
I can see. The cyclist and vehicle driver are being equally inconsiderate and dickish on their behaviour.

21 people have thanked this post
kaef Registered User

Holy mother of God! What a gob****e on a bicycle! Some people really have no idea how easy it is to get injured on a bicycle.

2 people have thanked this post
Unknown Soldier Registered User

rolion said:
...for chatting on the phone,cycling the zebra and just taking the fcuking piss of the drivers !
And is not the only one that i have on my dashcam, just the one that actually behaved like is been offended by my driving style !

Guys ... a friendly note / warning : i drive a fcuking heavy machinery that cannot protect YOU when YOU behave stupid and your mum and dad waiting at home !!!

Zebra crossings, real ones are for crossing the road, regardless.
People in wheelchairs can use the too FYI. So can people on horses.

2 people have thanked this post
Senor Fancy Pants Registered User

Awful awful driving....even went off the road.

14 people have thanked this post
tomasrojo Registered User

Yeah, very careless on the part of the person on the bike, but the driving is terrible too. Despite the flashing beacons, approached a zebra crossing at speed and then was surprised when someone started to cross, despite the fact that's exactly what you should expect at a zebra crossing. Poor anticipation, and what looks like ingrained bad habits.

Thanks for posting this public service film.

50 people have thanked this post
_Brian Registered User

I'd wager the driver in the video is onewith a chip on their shoulder looking for cyclists to frighten, no one can defend what the cyclist did but intentionally approaching them on such an aggressive manner with a car is just insaine.

1 person has thanked this post
magicbastarder Registered User

the sheer head smashing irony of the OP.
you're putting the clip there as a warning; to stay off the roads when you're around?

16 people have thanked this post
ted1 Registered User

The driver should have adjusted his speed when he saw the flashing pelicans. I also would hazard a guess he is exceeding the limit.

Under the rules of the road the driver must stop and let people cross. So in contradiction to the op they do give people the right.

But when it comes to self preservation, rules go out the window and the cyclist should have taken due care, I don't know the section of road but it's quite possible that's it's a mixed use crossing.

* http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1964/si/294/made/en/print
Last rule 38.2 in this instance would state the person crossing is clearly in the wrong

ted1 said:

* http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1964/si/294/made/en/print
Last rule 38.2 in this instance would state the person crossing is clearly in the wrong

When a vehicle is approaching a zebra crossing a pedestrian shall not step on to that crossing if his action is likely to cause the driver either to brake suddenly or to swerve

Set against that is:

A driver approaching a zebra crossing shall yield the right of way to a pedestrian on the crossing.

You can of course say that the person on the bike isn't a pedestrian, per se, but a decent driver would have seen the person on the bike and anticipated that they might start to cross.

(The person on the bike is clearly in the wrong. I don't think anyone is disputing that.)

rushfan Registered User

Am I alone in thinking that the text in the OP simply doesn't make actual sense ????

13 people have thanked this post
ted1 Registered User

tomasrojo said:
Set against that is:

You can of course say that the person on the bike isn't a pedestrian, per se, but a decent driver would have seen the person on the bike and anticipated that they might start to cross.

(The person on the bike is clearly in the wrong. I don't think anyone is disputing that.)

Did you read the link?

(b) shall not step on to a zebra crossing if his action is likely to cause the driver of an approaching vehicle to brake suddenly or to swerve.

crosstownk Registered User

Another dashcam thread with a solitary incident that appears to imply that all of us should take more care and not do stupid things.

There's plenty of this stuff on YouTube. No need to post it here, imo.

This thread will eventually degenerate like so many similar threads have done in the past. Tiresome stuff.

Nothing to see here. Move along. There are twits everywhere - it's a fact of life.

6 people have thanked this post

ted1 said:
Did you read the link?

Yes, I did and I helpfully posted the text too, and said that cyclist was clearly in the wrong.

You still can't drive pell mell straight at a zebra crossing and be exempted from all culpability because the pedestrian or cyclist was careless.

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!