Neon_Lights Registered User

The perennial schlippery taoiseach looks to be in or around the ropes this morning, as a result of the Mc cabe lambasting currently, what do you all think, it looks very ropey for him ATM.

CINCLANTFLT Registered User

In any game, you have to know when to fold... I think for the good of FG, now is the time for Enda to do that...

However he won't and that's not good for FG...

I wonder what Simon and Leo think of that... what are the back benchers thinking?

1 person has thanked this post

CINCLANTFLT said:
In any game, you have to know when to fold... I think for the good of FG, now is the time for Enda to do that...

However he won't and that's not good for FG...

I wonder what Simon and Leo think of that... what are the back benchers thinking?

There's definitely an onslaught planned by the looks, RTE reporting John Phelan was on KCLR, calling for Enda to step down

Tabnabs Registered User

But who will greet the pope?!

FG would want to get their little ducks in a row now before GE17 is called and have a new (wo)man to front their campaign. Seems like the sensible move for the good of the party.

Atlantic Dawn Registered User

No he will stay put, he's of the "it will blow over and I will be grand", school of politics.

25 people have thanked this post
elastico Registered User

Has to be a dead man walking at this stage. He got away with stories about the fella and 2 pints, army at the ATM etc. but bullsh1tting to all and sundry about this and constantly changing his story = no credibility.

Letting him off over to Trump as a lame duck is probably best, let them shake hands, do the shamrock and get out of there.

He deserves to be forced out of office, the arrogance of the man thinking he was entitled to a "long goodbye" is breadth taking.

25 people have thanked this post
cruizer101 Registered User

He may want to stay put but may be pushed out, I'd say a lot of backbenchers not happy about how things are going. Leo and Simon will have their eyes on the leadership and I doubt it would take much more for a challenge. The pope visit had been seen as a date he would hang on until but that's looking far away now with the way things are. If, and its a big enough if, the current s**t storm gets worse and results in a GE party won't want to go into it behind him.

Roger_007 Registered User

Yesterday's performance by Enda in the Dail was a total car-crash. I'd say that was the last straw for most FG TDs. He might hang on for the annual bash in the White House on Paddy's day, but I can't see him lasting beyond that.

rusty cole Registered User

I tell ya If I was Gerry adams I'd be screaming at Kenny after the soap box Kenny made of those kangaroo courts.

When your only reply to a serious line of questioning from sinn feinn is resorting to "you should be ashamed and ooh you can talk" it's game over!!

Kenny should be gone based on his MEA CULPA!!

that said, he might stick it out FFS!

8 people have thanked this post
Liberal_irony Registered User

Mainstream media have been trying to get rid of him since the election. Personally, I'd be happier with another general election, current shower have only made things worse.

5 people have thanked this post
L1011 Moderator

Can't see him making Paddy's Day at this stage. That would actually be a very handy get-out from the 'meeting Trump' issue and provide a screw you to his replacement to has to do it.

kupus Registered User

Liberal_irony said:
Mainstream media have been trying to get rid of him since the election. Personally, I'd be happier with another general election, current shower have only made things worse.

Good spot, now the question should be why are the media constantly after him? What's in it for them? Who is orchestrating these attacks in conjunction with journalists, and what are they getting out of it.
Hmm maybe the taoiseach's chair itself!!!

Just remember these journos always maintained Bertie could do no wrong.

And I'm not an Enda supporter btw.
He's a clown, but a clown that has done a fair enough job of getting a country that was semi ****ed back on stable enough tracks.

13 people have thanked this post

kupus said:
Good spot, now the question should be why are the media constantly after him?
while Bertie and Brian could do seemingly no wrong.

And I'm not an Enda supporter btw.
He's a clown, but a clown that has done a fair enough job of getting a country that was semi ****ed back on stable enough tracks.

Define stable I suppose as well. It was a jobs based recovery.

The government in its current capacity is unable to deal with any social issue such as housing demand and vulture funds.

I don't mind paying my fair share, however, We still are paying through the nose while corporations pay next to nothing. 30-40% of my income vs 12.5 to practically nothing for companies incomes.

9 people have thanked this post
kupus Registered User

I said stable enough, not rock solid. Try travelling around loughrea or ballaghaderreen and seeing is there any more jobs besides zero contract ones and government jobs.

My prediction will be Coveney will be the next one and then let the spending commence !!

kupus said:
I said stable enough, not rock solid. Try travelling around loughrea or ballaghaderreen and seeing is there any more jobs besides zero contract ones and government jobs.

My prediction will be Coveney will be the next one and then let the spending commence !!

There's nothing stopping high tech jobs going out west. Or companies locating there, apart from inrastructure, which is gradually improving. When 5g internet hits the island and a few more motorways are built, I think you will see more companies hit the west. The people themselves need the skills or have the appetite to fuel this as well though.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!