jules86 Registered User

Mr. FoggPatches said:

Just applied, application form slightly different this year, need reference from previous TCO stint, I wonder would this cut the need for going to dublin for a 5 minute chat?

6 people have thanked this post
Copper_pipe Registered User

Get a Secure Connection failed error when I click continue..

2 people have thanked this post
ravingitup Registered User

So did I, Copper_pipe. Anybody else get the secure connection error too?

al67 Registered User

I did on firefox but worked for me on chrome.

al67 Registered User

Likewise - read through it a couple of times and can't see where it mentions the reference. I'm just going to post it in anyway and give my candidate ID.

1 person has thanked this post
DPB74 Registered User

Yeah I think I'll do that as well. Best of luck with your application.

al67 Registered User

you too

Wellywoo Registered User

When I go back in to check the submitted application, questions i answered are showing up like I didn't eg country I selected Ireland but it looks like I didn't, same with the pension question? Anyone else have this issue?

babygirl30 Registered User

jules86 said:
Just applied, application form slightly different this year, need reference from previous TCO stint, I wonder would this cut the need for going to dublin for a 5 minute chat?

Did you manage to get an actual reference or was it just a certificate of employment? (I have both). Absolutely nothing in the information booklet with reference to this! Going to email PAS tomorrow to confirm.

jules86 Registered User

babygirl30 said:
Did you manage to get an actual reference or was it just a certificate of employment? (I have both). Absolutely nothing in the information booklet with reference to this! Going to email PAS tomorrow to confirm.

I have nothing from most recent stint, after reading information booklet it says there is a possibility of phone interview

Richie71 Registered User

babygirl30 said:

I got a reference last year so I just emailed that off to them. Asked them to confirm if this was ok so i'll let you know if i get a response.

babygirl30 Registered User

jules86 said:
I have nothing from most recent stint, after reading information booklet it says there is a possibility of phone interview

I seen that alright.

Last year I didn't have to go to Dublin for interview, if I remember correctly the application form did ask if I had been previously interviewed by PAS and worked as a TCO and to specify the Department and dates you worked. I was a TCO in
2015 so was interviewed last year in the same department I was assigned to.

Don't remember having to send or post previous references to PAS though.

mandymo Registered User

I'm just wondering what number they will go to on the 2016 panel before starting the 2017 panel. I am still waiting from the 2016 panel and my number is 10 away from being called. Should I apply again?

Saysay19 Registered User

jules86 said:

I was just looking at that. I'm a TCO since 2014. Better get on that today! Hopefully no trips to Dublin.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!