Henry Ford III Registered User

80sDiesel said:
I stored 4 cars before in NZ. 2 containers. I worked abroad alot so it was handy for me. I had a buzzer and let myself in and out. I don't think I would fancy though having someone to call and wait till I had finished. Containers in my experience is the way to go.

Condensation and rust would be a huge issue.

1 person has thanked this post
Henry Ford III Registered User

I think it's a great idea OP. Sounds like decent value too.

caoimhin1980 Registered User

mik_da_man said:
Sounds interesting, would you have to pay month by month or for a full year?
Just wondering how it would work if like the poster above I used it for 9 months.

Also would you hold the keys of the cars, in case you need to move them ect?

I was thinking if I said there was 10 spaces that 7 would be full time only and 3 were floating times but that would mean first come first served.
Easiest way to pay would be standing order on a monthly basis and it keeps payments small.
I wouldn't need to move the cars unless the owner decides that they wanted them to be started and moved on a regular basis. If not they can decide themselves if the keys are to be left or kept themselves.

caoimhin1980 Registered User

80sDiesel said:
I stored 4 cars before in NZ. 2 containers. I worked abroad alot so it was handy for me. I had a buzzer and let myself in and out. I don't think I would fancy though having someone to call and wait till I had finished. Containers in my experience is the way to go.

Personally I wouldn't store any car in a container in this country unless it was insulated and vented. The condensation wouldn't be great for them.

galwaytt Registered User

caoimhin1980 said:
Personally I wouldn't store any car in a container in this country unless it was insulated and vented. The condensation wouldn't be great for them.

^^^^^ this. Nearly lost my classic Vespa to a container here. Only good for storing scaffold and pipe etc now. Wouldn't dream of putting my car in it.

2 people have thanked this post
baz_ctr Registered User

This sounds like a good idea I would be interested, How far do you live from the unit like if the alarm went off how quick could you arrive or would it be a phone watch type, just asking as I would be good distance away myself probably be weekends when I could only get to it.

Onlyme1991 Registered User

Any more news on this looking for car storage ??

Mac 3 Registered User

Anyone know of any storage for a classic in the Limerick area?

Thanks

Isambard Registered User

I'm thinking of letting out my garage, would there be a demand for it in rural Cork? WOuld it be worth my while moneywise?

Limerick_Lad Registered User

Hi there,

I own Limerick Self Storage and we get enquiries every now and again looking to store cars most of them classic. We looked at it but would need to charge around 150 a month. 90% of the people enquiring will not spend the money. To be honest I don't think they would even spend 70 a month on storage.

I am into classic cars myself and most of the enquiries are for classic cars with a value of less than €5,000. As a result they will not spend €800 a year on storage.

All the best,
Dave

liam7831 Registered User

I think around €15 a week is reasonable

Mac 3 Registered User

So as per the title, any updates on places in Limerick for storage?

Isambard Registered User

liam7831 said:
I think around €15 a week is reasonable

it would be very cheap , not reasonable! I doubt anyone would do it for that price.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!