caoimhin1980 Registered User
#1

I've been thinking of opening a mainly classic/ vintage car storage facility but to include bikes, tractors and modern. The location is near all major routes in Limerick and is a 100% dry, fully alarmed, secure warehouse with power and water.
At the moment I don't think Id be including a workshop facility but again that can change with demand.
The price will depend on the total outlay but it will be between €50 and €75 per month depending on the size of vehicle.
Basically it will all come down to demand. If there is a good response to such a facility then I will definately go ahead with it very soon.
I'd appreciate any opinions ye may have.

3 people have thanked this post
w124man Registered User
#2

Very well priced I must say. You'd pay more on the East coast!


Having a facility for owners to be able to trickle charge their vehicles would be an idea along with a facility to jump start the inevitable dead ones !!

caoimhin1980 Registered User
#3

I'd supply trickle charge, battery packs for any jump starts needed and air compressor for any flats but I would be offering a small package that will be a regular start up along with keeping on top of all fluids and tyre pressures. Everything really depends on what there is a demand for.

2 people have thanked this post
kaizersoze Registered User
#4

Great idea.
Would it be individual units inside a warehouse or just one big open plan indoor area?

BorneTobyWilde Registered User
#5

Is there a need for this kinda facility ?

caoimhin1980 Registered User
#6

It would be big open plan. The access would be 24 hrs a day by just making a call. Basically the only ones with keys and alarm codes would be myself and a partner. This would be essential to maintain security for everyone else's vehicles. Individual units I feel would be very restrictive size wise.

1 person has thanked this post
Means Of Escape Registered User
#7

BorneTobyWilde said:
Is there a need for this kinda facility ?


Unless you are storing a high value car it's a waste of money. Cars don't like to sit
Better off spending the 800 odd storage fees per year taxing and using it

Life too short

caoimhin1980 Registered User
#8

Means Of Escape said:
Unless you are storing a high value car it's a waste of money. Cars don't like to sit
Better off spending the 800 odd storage fees per year taxing and using it

Life too short


It's really for people that use their car but don't have the means to store it out of the weather or don't have the extra parking space at home.

clement Registered User
#9

Good idea. I don't know of another one in the area. Hard to say if there will be demand or how to gauge the demand without having it operational. Perspective customers might want to view before committing. Beat of luck with it.

Mac 3 Registered User
#10

PM Sent.

kaizersoze Registered User
#11

caoimhin1980 said:
It would be big open plan. The access would be 24 hrs a day by just making a call. Basically the only ones with keys and alarm codes would be myself and a partner. This would be essential to maintain security for everyone else's vehicles. Individual units I feel would be very restrictive size wise.


Thanks. Does that mean that you unlock the building remotely for a client following a phone call or would you travel to the premises, let the client in and wait with them?

caoimhin1980 Registered User
#12

kaizersoze said:
Thanks. Does that mean that you unlock the building remotely for a client following a phone call or would you travel to the premises, let the client in and wait with them?


I would be there to let them in and stay there while they were there and be there whenever they were to return with their car after. I would let them be but still for peace of mind for everyone I think a presence is needed on site. Nobody but myself and a partner would have the keys or alarm code.

80sDiesel Registered User
#13

I stored 4 cars before in NZ. 2 containers. I worked abroad alot so it was handy for me. I had a buzzer and let myself in and out. I don't think I would fancy though having someone to call and wait till I had finished. Containers in my experience is the way to go.

geotrig Registered User
#14

caoimhin1980 said:
It's really for people that use their car but don't have the means to store it out of the weather or don't have the extra parking space at home.


I have an older car that i take of the road for 3ish months a year (only this year )lol, and plan on doing it in the winter time from now on, its a pain for various reasons as its sitting out in the elements for the couple of months,I dont have a car port /garage so the above sounds good. my car isnt anything thats worth alot but id say that others have similar issues. i have heard of 1/2 places offering something like this before

mik_da_man Hosted Moderator
#15

Sounds interesting, would you have to pay month by month or for a full year?
Just wondering how it would work if like the poster above I used it for 9 months.

Also would you hold the keys of the cars, in case you need to move them ect?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!