osarusan Registered User

Right, starting this out of boredom.

After cruising to victory in the First Division last season, Limerick are back in the Premier division.

Squad
At the moment, this is the squad for the coming season:

GK:
Freddy Hall
Brendan Clarke

Def:
Robbie Williams
David O'Connor
Shane Tracey
Shaun Kelly
Tony Whitehead

Mid:
Shane Duggan
Paul O'Connor
Lee Jay Lynch
Ian Turner
Stephen Kenny
Bastien Hery
Chiedozie Ogbene

FW:
Chris Mullhall
Garbhan Coughlan
Dean Clarke
John O'Flynn
Rodrigo Tosi
Fixtures
We have already beaten Cobh Ramblers 2-0 away in a pre-season friendly, and we have another friendly away to Galway on Feb 13th.

We start our league campaign at home to Sligo Rovers on Saturday Feb 25th, and are away to Derry the following Sunday. You can find a complete list of fixtures here on the club website: http://www.limerickfc.ie/fixtures-and-results/fixtures-results-2017

Tickets
You can get information on tickets (matchday tickets or season tickets) here: http://www.limerickfc.ie/club-shop/match-prices

Tickets can be bought outside the ground on matchday.

Support
You can follow the club and developments through their website, and also through the facebook page, and on twitter.

As a supporter, you can also get involved with the Official Supporters' Club, the Blue Army, or the Limerick Independent Football Trust (LIFT)

For away games, both the Official supporters' club and the Blue Army try to organise buses as much as possible, and being a member of those groups increases your chances of getting a seat.

Sponsorship
For those of you who have money to burn, the club would love if you sent it their way, and there are a range of ways to sponsor the club, which you can find here: http://www.limerickfc.ie/commercial/sponsorship

6 people have thanked this post
osarusan Registered User

Lads if there's anything that should be in that opening post, tell me and I'll add it in.

Paddico Registered User

Good job Osa, looking forward to the season ahead

1 person has thanked this post
johnnyryan89 Registered User

The away game against Derry has been moved from the Sunday afternoon to Friday night as far as I know.

Friendly away to Galway on Feb 13th.

Jofspring Registered User

Opening game seems to be moved to the Sunday and word that the Cork City home game will also be moved.

Jofspring said:
Opening game seems to be moved to the Sunday and word that the Cork City home game will also be moved.

Makes sense when you've also got the Munster match against Toulouse on the Saturday evening.

Charlie George Registered User

I think Ross Mann has re-signed.

osarusan Registered User

4-0 win away to Ballinamallard tonight.

Ogbene in the first half, then O'Connor, Kenny, and Clarke in the second half.

I wasn't there but sounds like a very comfortable win.

1 person has thanked this post

Ballinamallard are 10th in the NI Premiership which is midway through the season so be good to know what kind of team they put out against Limerick.

Lads what do you get with the corporate tickets ?
Is there grub or alcohol in the corporate suite? Is there seats in there to view the match ?

Killergreene said:
Lads what do you get with the corporate tickets ?
Is there grub or alcohol in the corporate suite? Is there seats in there to view the match ?

Sandwiches and tea/coffee, no alcohol as you need a licence for that and yes there's seats.

I'd save your money and just buy a stand ticket and a bag of chips after the match.

2 people have thanked this post
osarusan Registered User

Looks like the first game of the season at home to Sligo has moved from Saturday 25th Feb to Friday 24th at 7.45pm.

Some other games that are moving are the Cork home game (from Sat April 1st to Fri March 31st at 7.45) and the Finn Harps home game (from 6.30pm to 2pm on Sat March 18th).

A_Sober_Paddy Registered User

osarusan said:
Looks like the first game of the season at home to Sligo has moved from Saturday 25th Feb to Friday 24th at 7.45pm.

Some other games that are moving are the Cork home game (from Sat April 1st to Fri March 31st at 7.45) and the Finn Harps home game (from 6.30pm to 2pm on Sat March 18th).

Why the heck do they do this, I'm gonna miss the cork and harps game due to work

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!