raytaxi Registered User

Found this on t-mobile usb site, may help some on holidays this year. 30 Dollars 2Gb date calls and texts for 21days plus tax. Texts are international as well.
https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-international-tourist-plan

6 people have thanked this post
giannidtz Registered User

Thanks raytaxi. 
For everybody else this is something to keep in mind if you plan on buying:
"To keep information secure, only U.S. credit cards can be used to purchase the kit. Ask friends and family to help you, or purchase a U.S. MasterCard® or Visa® gift card."

aaronm13 Registered User

Be careful with this offer. I tried to get it last week and was told in the T mobile shop it's online only. You'll need to buy it in advance so friends or family over there will have to order it for you. I ended up paying $69 in store for the best available plan for my stay.

pilly Banned

Could you use one of the An Post madtercards to buy it I wonder?

1 person has thanked this post
sugarman Registered User

Just get a free 3 UK sim, they've 3 like home in the U.S so you are billed as normal.

If you have a data allowance it works as normal over there, along with calls/texts.

Costs £10 for 1GB plan, £20 for 12GB or else All you can eat for £25.

I keep one handy for countries my 3 Ireland sim hasnt got 3 like home in.

15 people have thanked this post
pilly Banned

sugarman
Just get a free 3 UK sim, they've 3 like home so you are billed as normal.

Even in America?

djdunny Registered User

sugarman said:
Just get a free 3 UK sim, they've 3 like home in the U.S so you are billed as normal.

If you have a data allowance it works as normal over there, along with calls/texts.

https://apps.three.ie/roaming/pages/three-like-home

The link from the Three.ie doesn't mention that the US is included in the 3 Like Home offering.

"Accessing internet on your mobile abroad.

Standard mobile internet is available for a cost of €5.08 per MB on the following networks: AT&T"

sugarman Registered User

pilly said:
Even in America?

Yes. Theyve 42 destinations compared to our 6

See here.

djdunny said:
https://apps.three.ie/roaming/pages/three-like-home

The link from the Three.ie doesn't mention that the US is included in the 3 Like Home offering.

"Accessing internet on your mobile abroad.

Standard mobile internet is available for a cost of €5.08 per MB on the following networks: AT&T"

Thats because I said 3 UK

6 people have thanked this post
djdunny Registered User

sugarman said:
Yes. Theyve 42 destinations compared to our 6

See here.

Thats because I said 3 UK

Ahhhh my apologies. Very good to know!! Thank you for highlighting this. Will save me a few quid in the future

2 people have thanked this post
sorchaniri Registered User

aaronm13 said:
Be careful with this offer. I tried to get it last week and was told in the T mobile shop it's online only. You'll need to buy it in advance so friends or family over there will have to order it for you. I ended up paying $69 in store for the best available plan for my stay.

I think they may have given you the wrong info - it states on the link in the first post that you can pick it up in any T-Mobile store and I did just that in October last year. Walked into a small, local store in Queens (NY) and walked out 10 minutes later with the SIM in my phone, all set up. Worked great in NY, network was a bit patchy down in Miami though.

sweetie Registered User

ah if i'd known this three weeks ago! bloody awkward relying on wifi in the states.

grimm2005 Registered User

sugarman said:

This is definitely the way to go. Used it just over a year ago in NYC with all you can eat data for £15 top up. Price has gone up since but still the best way to go imo.

j_mo Registered User

Has anyone had any experience using the TMobile network in the States on a oneplus 3t? I checked the phone bands to see if it would work ok and saw it doesn't work on all the 3g frequencies.

aaronm13 Registered User

sorchaniri said:
I think they may have given you the wrong info - it states on the link in the first post that you can pick it up in any T-Mobile store and I did just that in October last year. Walked into a small, local store in Queens (NY) and walked out 10 minutes later with the SIM in my phone, all set up. Worked great in NY, network was a bit patchy down in Miami though.

I did get the feeling the girl hadn't a clue what I was on about. Probably should have printed out a screen grab of the offer. I was just after getting off the flight in Chicago and was wrecked tired so maybe I wasn't making sense. Good to know though for next time. T mobile network was great though, got 4g nearly everywhere which I was surprised at.

Doodah7 Registered User

Last time I picked up one of these in my local Walmart. Very straightforward.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Complete-SIM-Kit/39081494

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!