biko Arbiter

This thread takes over from the now closed Bloggers and #ad and is on the same topic - bloggers promoting products for reward.

9 people have thanked this post
Cria Registered User

This thread takes over from the now closed Bloggers and #ad and is on the same topic - bloggers promoting products for reward.

biko Arbiter

They will see it by themselves next time they visit this forum.

Cria Registered User

biko said:

Sorry fairly new to this

ratmouse Registered User

Cria Registered User

ratmouse said:
Is it definitely ok to name bloggers or should we use an oblique reference like before?

It looks like it is. There appears to be more freedom in this thread.

5 people have thanked this post
hearmehearye Registered User

biko said:

Not necessarily. I don't visit the forum as such, I just follow particular threads. I had to go looking here to see if there was another thread. Possibly a link on the last post of the other thread?

biko Arbiter

Nope, I won't babysit everyone. If people are interested enough they will at some point visit the forum and find this new thread,

Stop asking about it now please.

6 people have thanked this post
ratmouse Registered User

Does anyone know if a blogger has been gifted/sponsored something, should they mention #spon or #ad every time they mention the company that gifted them that item/service or is just once enough? Eg, wand blogger did a recent throw back post to a cruise holiday she previously stated she was given for free. In the throw back post, the company involved are mentioned and tagged but no further information given on the holiday being for free. Maybe this is ok, is it?

Wexy86 Registered User

Was anyone watching Marissa Carters snaps where she promoted Cara Pharmacy? It's not the first time she's promoted them so not sure if it's an #ad or she's just promoting a fellow Irish business woman/friend, I'm sure she's doesn't need the cash from an ad but just my own curiosity.

And Rosemary MacCabe #ad for Llyods today, Sinead from the beautiful truth for Molloys, half the current social influencers for Meaghers - there must be a massive potential audience/footfall/sales for pharmacys the way they're all jumping on the Snapchat bandwagon.

BeeMee_123 Registered User

Cork Blogger advertising for Bella baby, she has got everything for her baby here. Is she ambassador, has she paid full price for all these products? is this an #ad. I don't trust her views until I know the answer to the question, should this be #AD

9 people have thanked this post
BeeMee_123 Registered User

'' Does anyone know if a blogger has been gifted/sponsored something, should they mention #spon or #ad every time they mention the company that gifted them that item/service or is just once enough? Eg, wand blogger did a recent throw back post to a cruise holiday she previously stated she was given for free. In the throw back post, the company involved are mentioned and tagged but no further information given on the holiday being for free. Maybe this is ok, is it?''

I think they speak well of certain companies/products for a reason. I want to know if this is the case as the opinion therefore may be biased.

Edit: New here do not know how to reply to your comment

Wexy86 Registered User

ratmouse said:
Does anyone know if a blogger has been gifted/sponsored something, should they mention #spon or #ad every time they mention the company that gifted them that item/service or is just once enough? Eg, wand blogger did a recent throw back post to a cruise holiday she previously stated she was given for free. In the throw back post, the company involved are mentioned and tagged but no further information given on the holiday being for free. Maybe this is ok, is it?

From the last thread if it's a freebie there are no rules or requirements to advise of same. If it's sponsored I'd imagine/hope that every time it's mention it should be clear that it's #sp or #ad.

ratmouse Registered User

Wexy86 said:
From the last thread if it's a freebie there are no rules or requirements to advise of same. If it's sponsored I'd imagine/hope that every time it's mention it should be clear that it's #sp or #ad.

Thanks Wexy86

1 person has thanked this post
idunno78 Registered User

If a blogger has been sponsored or paid they must put #ad or #spon on every post/every Snapchat that is associated with it. I asked ASAI about this before.

6 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!