MB2014 Registered User

Due to financial circumstances I have always 'cut my coat according to my cloth', I have always settled for a car that is economical, affordable and practical, but not one that I love. I really love cars and driving.

However, I am still relatively young, and the time for me to buy a car that I adore might never be perfect, so I'm thinking should I just go and get the car Iove, while I'm still young and have no other major financial commitments (such as mortage etc.)

I am due to change my car, I plan to trade in, use some savings and borrow. I have two options
Car A is practical, affordable and economical. It will bring me up a lot in years, I will have the loan paid off in about a year.

Car B for me is definitely on my personal list of dream cars. I will still be coming up a good few years. It would be slightly dearer to run, and would cost a few thousand more than car A. But it is one of the cars that I have dreamed of getting during all of my years of driving 'practical and economical' cars. It would take me 3 years to pay off the loan.

I feel like the time might never be perfect anyway and I should just buy the car I love!
Any thoughts?

kay 9 Registered User

We're here for a good time and not a long time. What's your budget and what's an example of your dream car?
If you want a new Ferrari and have a menial job then maybe it's unrealistic. Otherwise, if it's doable then go for it...

1 person has thanked this post
InstaSte Registered User

Years really mean nothing... Miles are far more important

I'm driving one of my dream cars and its now 13 years old. Makes me happier than a brand new car for multiple reasons.

If you don't have to sacrifice much for it, go for it.

Idbatterim Registered User

Im intrigued to know what car B is

2 people have thanked this post
bazz26 Registered User

Nissan Tiida.

8 people have thanked this post
mickdw Registered User

Go for it. Even if it half breaks you, you will have it out of your system and will not be tempted again. From the sounds of it, its not some exotica so shouldn't be too painful at all.
I know a guy who all his working life had the funds to buy amazing cars but never got round to it. In his retirement, he realised he couldn't get into the cars he had always meant to buy.
Go for it.

MB2014 Registered User

Thanks for replies all☺. Decision made, I'm off to buy the Nissan!

Cee-Jay-Cee Registered User

Micra?

AMKC Registered User

370Z?

Kev. Registered User

bazz26 said:
Nissan Tiida.

Is that you Gary Neville?

Soarer Registered User

Just tell us!!!

I've about 20 different cars I want to buy/own/drive, and don't know where to start. Everything from a Clio Williams to an LS600h.

InstaSte Registered User

Anticipation of finding out both cars above is unbearable

corks finest Registered User

MB2014 said:
Due to financial circumstances I have always 'cut my coat according to my cloth', I have always settled for a car that is economical, affordable and practical, but not one that I love. I really love cars and driving.

However, I am still relatively young, and the time for me to buy a car that I adore might never be perfect, so I'm thinking should I just go and get the car Iove, while I'm still young and have no other major financial commitments (such as mortage etc.)

I am due to change my car, I plan to trade in, use some savings and borrow. I have two options
Car A is practical, affordable and economical. It will bring me up a lot in years, I will have the loan paid off in about a year.

Car B for me is definitely on my personal list of dream cars. I will still be coming up a good few years. It would be slightly dearer to run, and would cost a few thousand more than car A. But it is one of the cars that I have dreamed of getting during all of my years of driving 'practical and economical' cars. It would take me 3 years to pay off the loan.

I feel like the time might never be perfect anyway and I should just buy the car I love!
Any thoughts?

As an older guy ,I'd certainly go for the dream option ,why not? I had kids etc so was practical always,(with regrets now)be happy until circumstances dictate otherwise,grab the dream car by the balls

3 people have thanked this post
AMKC Registered User

MB2014 said:
Thanks for replies all☺. Decision made, I'm off to buy the Nissan!

A Skyline

Do let us know what you buy and even post a pic in the 171 thread when you eventually get it or here even.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!