JJJJNR Registered User

These are coming down a bit and this one caught my eye.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v50-d5-geartronic-sale-price/10763928

How easy are they to service DIY (oil and filter stuff), and anything to watch out for.

punisher5112 Registered User

JJJJNR said:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v50-d5-geartronic-sale-price/10763928

How easy are they to service DIY (oil and filter stuff), and anything to watch out for.

That's big money for 2006 plus huge tax.

JJJJNR Registered User

Im ok with the tax its only an extra few quid more than what im paying per quarter at the moment.

punisher5112 Registered User

JJJJNR said:
Im ok with the tax its only an extra 50 more than what im paying per quarter at the moment.

Most get a nose bleed at 2.0.

1 person has thanked this post
steveshort Registered User

There was a 2006 V50 on dd last week for €1600 , that could be fantastic value

JJJJNR Registered User

Probably a 1.6d, i like the 5 cylinder hence would pay a bit extra.

steveshort Registered User

JJJJNR said:
Probably a 1.6d, i like the 5 cylinder hence would pay a bit extra.

It was a 5 cylinder diesel auto ,just checked adds gone now maybe sold

Mintoe Registered User

JJJJNR said:

It's been in dealers name for over a year.... not normally a good a sign but could be genuine also, go see car in the flesh but €5k seems pricey, I'd say dealer will drop if they've had it over a year

2 people have thanked this post
Bigus Registered User

Hold out , the 2.4 s are worth less than a 1.6 now , just be patient and you'll pick up a low miles 07 for €3 k .

JJJJNR Registered User

Be super if I got a decent one for that, looking for the estate specifically and they seem rare, even in the UK, they seem to demand a high (circa 5 - 6k) price. I was thinking 3k cash in hand for that one might buy it as its been there for a long time. Theres only ever been two D5's in the bangernomics thread so don't think they are that cheap myself but happy to be wrong, have had a thing for them for a while, but never really wanted to commit.

bidiots Registered User

S80's are got for pittance these days, might be worth a look if you can't find your v50

James Bond Junior Registered User

D5 engine is a good un but the geartronic box isn't the best and costs big bucks to service. Also 5k is about double what that car is really worth at least.

clement Registered User

Mad money for that estate. Look at the s60 with the same engine. The boot will be every bit as big and the car will be more comfy.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!