rob316 Registered User

Cee-Jay-Cee said:
This is what is wrong with the irish motoring public, before anyone asks about reliability, comfort, power etc etc they want to know what the tax is. If its more than €400 they run away and look elsewhere despite the fact that they will have reduced initial cost price, reduced servicing costs and no possibility that the car will develop DPF, EGR or DMF problems. Makes total sense, not.

The better spec saloon cars are all diesel though from what I see, definitely in the UK anyway.

I'd love a diesel but I don't want to damage the car as my mileage is low.

kay 9 Registered User

Accord petrol. Nice car, Saloon, bigger and better in every way than a picanto. Not bad mpg either and reliable.

1 person has thanked this post
colm_mcm Registered User

kay 9 said:
Accord petrol. Nice car, Saloon, bigger and better in every way than a picanto. Not bad mpg either and reliable.

It's all relative, but a petrol accord will eat petrol compared to a picanto or most diesels.

If I had the OPs criteria, I'd be looking at a Lexus ct200h

AMKC Registered User

Why love a diesel? You don,t need one so why would you want the expense and hassle of running one. Much better of getting yourself a 1.4 or 1.6 petrol Skoda Octavia which is a great car by the way or a Nissan Leaf or even a Renault Zoe.

kay 9 Registered User

colm_mcm said:
It's all relative, but a petrol accord will eat petrol compared to a picanto or most diesels.

If I had the OPs criteria, I'd be looking at a Lexus ct200h

Would he really notice it doing such small mileage though. It goes without saying that they're thirstier than a picanto or nearly any diesel but I still wouldn't rate them as heavy on fuel.
I have to second your choice on the lexus, considerably easier run. Is the service intervals and cost pretty normal on those?

colm_mcm Registered User

Yeah, the hybrid bits don't need servicing.

1 person has thanked this post
Cee-Jay-Cee Registered User

rob316 said:
The better spec saloon cars are all diesel though from what I see, definitely in the UK anyway.

I'd love a diesel but I don't want to damage the car as my mileage is low.

Petrol cars are of equally high spec in the UK, in fact most people spec them higher because they initially cost less than their diesel counterpart.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!