Boards.ie: Niamh Boards.ie Community Manager

Click here to go straight to the useful numbers and websites

...happy holidays, winter solstice, whatever you're celebrating yourself! Or happy annual leave as someone was suggesting in After Hours recently

2016 has been a very long year in comparison to 2015 which whizzed by in a flash! Aside from the many crappy and awful things that happened worldwide in 2016, we didn’t have a great start to the year here in Boards either with a serious DDoS attack in January but I think things have improved considerably since then

We've had some staff changes this year - we said goodbye to Dav, our longest serving member of staff and my long-time fellow community manager - and we have welcomed some new faces too - hello to Greg (sales) and Jerneja (design) and of course Mark who you’ve all seen about the place at this stage. This is the biggest team we've ever had! I said that last year and we’ve grown a little bit again.

Over the next week, please be patient. Lots of people are taking time off and that includes us here in the office as well as our Mods, CMods and Admins so expect that people may be a little slower to get back to you on things. The break is much needed and deserved and we will still get back to you.

I will be checking emails sent to the office ([email protected]) sporadically for anything urgent; anything non-urgent will wait until myself and Mark return to work on Tuesday 3rd January 2017 when we are back to our normal working hours (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm).

Thanks for your feedback, support and posts in 2016 - let's have lots more in 2017!

All the best,
Niamh, Mark and all of the Boards.ie team

12 people have thanked this post
Boards.ie: Niamh Boards.ie Community Manager

Unfortunately, this is not a good time of year for everyone and for some people it is the worst time of year.
If you feel you need to talk to someone, here are some helpful numbers and websites of people you can contact:

Samaritans or free call number 116 123

Aware (supporting depression) 1800 80 48 48 daily 10am – 10pm

Turn2Me.org No phoneline but website might be of help.

Parentline Lo Call 1890 927277 or 01 8733500

Childline 1800 66 66 66 or Text Talk to 50101

Teenline 1800 833 634 (8pm-11pm) or Free Text ‘TEEN’ to 50015

Society of St. Vincent de Paul 01 8386990 - you will find the numbers for individual area offices on the site linked.

Fr Peter McVerry Trust

Simon Community

Focus Ireland

HOMELESS HELPLINE at 1800 707 707 (Dublin only, CentralPlacement Office)

You can also find more helpful sites and numbers in this sticky in After Hours and this sticky in Personal Issues. Take care.

12 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!