savemejebus Registered User
#196

campo said:
If you figure out how to get it working with a Fire Stick I would be very interested


It's pretty simple, you just need to set up a static IP address for the fire stick in network settings. You are asked to set IP address, subnet mask, gateway and then DNS. Get the I, gateway and subnet mask from your router and then put your closest getflix DNS as DNS 1 and next closest as DNS 2.

Chieftain Registered User
#197

anyone having any issues with Getflix at the moment? I've been using it for about a year now with no problems, but yesterday I got a message saying that the DNS test failed. I'm using the Dublin & London servers for my DNS. I tried changing to different ones, but no joy. Have been emailing support but none of their suggestions have helped at all. I haven't changed any router settings and ipv6 is unchecked on the network properties screen on my laptop.

I did update windows to the new Fall Creators one, but everything was ok after I did that so don't really think that's the issue. Any help would be really appreciated

grogi Registered User
#198

Chieftain said:
anyone having any issues with Getflix at the moment? I've been using it for about a year now with no problems, but yesterday I got a message saying that the DNS test failed. I'm using the Dublin & London servers for my DNS. I tried changing to different ones, but no joy. Have been emailing support but none of their suggestions have helped at all. I haven't changed any router settings and ipv6 is unchecked on the network properties screen on my laptop.

I did update windows to the new Fall Creators one, but everything was ok after I did that so don't really think that's the issue. Any help would be really appreciated


Your external IP changed probably and getflix are blocking request from unknown IPs. Go to the site and update your IP.

1 person has thanked this post
bromley52 Registered User
#199

Chieftain said:
anyone having any issues with Getflix at the moment? I've been using it for about a year now with no problems, but yesterday I got a message saying that the DNS test failed. I'm using the Dublin & London servers for my DNS. I tried changing to different ones, but no joy. Have been emailing support but none of their suggestions have helped at all. I haven't changed any router settings and ipv6 is unchecked on the network properties screen on my laptop.

I did update windows to the new Fall Creators one, but everything was ok after I did that so don't really think that's the issue. Any help would be really appreciated


Working fine for me on BBC iPlayer. Have you rebooted your router recently? Your ISP may be providing you with a dynamic public IP. If so you may just need to update Getflix. The easiest way is using the app but make sure you are on your wifi or else it will update it with your data IP.

ozmo Registered User
#200

Sup08 said:
..Just got an Amazon Fire TV Stick for £24:99...


That was cheap - can you send on where they can be got at that price please?

1 person has thanked this post
Chieftain Registered User
#201

bromley52 said:
Working fine for me on BBC iPlayer. Have you rebooted your router recently? Your ISP may be providing you with a dynamic public IP. If so you may just need to update Getflix. The easiest way is using the app but make sure you are on your wifi or else it will update it with your data IP.



Thanks for that. I haven't rebooted the router in a while. I did do the update on the Getflix home page and my IP address is grand. Bit of a puzzler to be honest - as I say I've had no problems with it in the past. The support people don't seem to know either so am a bit snookered

sweetie Registered User
#202

ozmo said:
That was cheap - can you send on where they can be got at that price please?


eh, on amazon during the black friday/cyber monday thing

Basq Registered User
#203

Just to further warn people of StackSocial, it took a total of 8 emails and one with Paypal support to actually receive the refund from them after they said they'd refund me. They're absolute cowboys of the highest order. Ignored probably 3 - 4 emails in a row from me over the course of 2 weeks. AVOID!

Johnny Dogs Registered User
#204

Basq said:
Just to further warn people of StackSocial, it took a total of 8 emails and one with Paypal support to actually receive the refund from them after they said they'd refund me. They're absolute cowboys of the highest order. Ignored probably 3 - 4 emails in a row from me over the course of 2 weeks. AVOID!


You seemed to have better luck than I had, I gave up in the end.

Basq Registered User
#205

Johnny Dogs said:
You seemed to have better luck than I had, I gave up in the end.

I was close to be honest as well..

OmegaGene Registered User
#206

lads this wasnt the stack social one this is a dead thread

Basq Registered User
#207

^ Sorry about that.. just did a search for Getflix, and this was first one that popped up that looked familiar.

maik3n Registered User
#208

The original offer from 2016 seems to be still active, albeit the price is $35 rather than $29.

Mind you, if we avail of the 10% off first purchase deal, you can knock a few $ off the price.

2 people have thanked this post
toby2111 Registered User
#209

maik3n said:
The original offer from 2016 seems to be still active, albeit the price is $35 rather than $29.

Mind you, if we avail of the 10% off first purchase deal, you can knock a few $ off the price.

Anyone sign up for this offer?Seems its still active...tempted to give a go to get access BBC iPlayer and US Netflix on my smart tv...

bikerjohn Registered User
#210

I have it nearly two years now and its worked perfectly for all players in england

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!