digitaldr Registered User

http://www.androidauthority.com/deal-getflix-lifetime-access-732145/ DNS changer and VPN work very well for iplayer, haven't tried Netflix. Seems to be at least as good as unblock us which I had been using. Offer expires on 4 days.

3 people have thanked this post
degsie Registered User

Netflix have been clamping down on these services. Something to keep in mind.

Good point but only use it for iplayer. They're around since at least 2013.

Yggr of Asgard Registered User

And once you have to register for your BBC account to ensure that only license holders can view content (coming soon) that won't work either.

With all of these "lifetime" accounts, I'm always skeptical because usually the lifetime of the company behind that offer is shorter than mine.

degsie Registered User

Yggr of Asgard said:
And once you have to register for your BBC account to ensure that only license holders can view content (coming soon) that won't work either.

With all of these "lifetime" accounts, I'm always skeptical because usually the lifetime of the company behind that offer is shorter than mine.

Are you speaking from beyond?

12 people have thanked this post

degsie said:
Are you speaking from beyond?

Doesn't my username state that clearly?

But in seriousness, there have been several deals recently with life time and the vendor (even if they have been active for a while) than shortly afterwards folded or forced migration onto a different provider for more money.

So it's always good to ensure that one has realistic expectations with these deals, especially if the product might be outdated soon once the companies that are targeted with these services stop it like Netflix or Hulu.

1 person has thanked this post
messinkiapina Registered User

I've bought a lifetime sub from this crowd for $35 about a year ago, so I suppose I've gotten my money's worth whatever happens from here on.

You get a smart DNS and a VPN service too. I use the smart DNS on my android TV box to geo-unblock BBC iplayer and PBS (I don't use netflix), then I also use the VPN for anonymous browsing. If the geo-unblocking stops working I'll still make use of the VPN anyway.

What's that about the BBC requiring you to register in the future? Is that definitely going to happen?

EDIT: I'm almost sure this is the same company as Smart DNS proxy. https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

messinkiapina said:
What's that about the BBC requiring you to register in the future? Is that definitely going to happen?

Looks like early 2017:
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37477229

messinkiapina said:

I've bought a lifetime sub from this crowd for $35 about a year ago, so I suppose I've gotten my money's worth whatever happens from here on.

Excellent, I'm happy for you.

messinkiapina said:
EDIT: I'm almost sure this is the same company as Smart DNS proxy. https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

Yes they are the same Turkish company, it's just different front ends with different prices and different mailing countries.

shamelessidiot Registered User

Yggr of Asgard said:
Looks like early 2017:
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37477229

Excellent, I'm happy for you.

Yes they are the same Turkish company, it's just different front ends with different prices and different mailing countries.

Do you not even read links you post?

but the BBC says it has no current plans to use it for enforcement purposes.

Oat23 Registered User

Been considering opening up a US DNS service I created for myself and my friends to more people to help with the cost as it's expensive to run these days. The price would be €9 quarterly. It supports all the major US sites (including that popular one with the red logo that is hard to access) and I am looking into adding support for UK sites. Not looking to make money out of this, but if I was to add 10-15 more people the cost would come down to around €3 per month for everyone.

If I may use this thread to run a quick survey, could you 'thank' this post if it is something you would be interested in at that price point should I start accepting others into the service next year?

(Not advertising a business here, just asking a question. There is no business and I'm not selling anything.)

103 people have thanked this post
DavyD_83 Registered User

Oat23 said:
Been considering opening up a US DNS service I created for myself and my friends to more people to help with the cost as it's expensive to run these days. The price would be €9 quarterly. It supports all the major US sites (including that popular one with the red logo that is hard to access) and I am looking into adding support for UK sites. Not looking to make money out of this, but if I was to add 10-15 more people the cost would come down to around €3 per month for everyone.

If I may use this thread to run a quick survey, could you 'thank' this post if it is something you would be interested in at that price point should I start accepting others into the service next year?

(Not advertising a business here, just asking a question. There is no business and I'm not selling anything.)

You say it could come down from €9 per quarter to €3 per month. Typo?

2 people have thanked this post

shamelessidiot said:
Do you not even read links you post?

I did read it, the quote you provided is for the check against the license payer database.

You still will need to set up an account with a postcode, sure you can fake it but in the long run they might clamp down like Netflix does with accounts coming from a specific IP address getting further queried.

Oat23 Registered User

DavyD_83 said:
You say it could come down from €9 per quarter to €3 per month. Typo?

Right now we are paying a lot more than €3 per month each. If I add around 15 people, the price would then be around €3 per person.

I mentioned €9 quarterly because I would not accept monthly payment if I added 15 more people. It's just a hobby and would take up too much time contacting people each month to see if they wanted to continue. Every 3 months would work better.

Seems like there is a good few people interested in joining. If I go ahead with it in a few weeks, I will select 5 people at random from the people who have thanked the above post and add them in first to make sure everything goes well, then add another 5 every few weeks.

Like a lot of things in life - the higher the risk the greater the potential reward. In this case the risk isn't too high - $29 with the risk that the company goes bust/iplayer access is restricted versus the reward a very cheap smart dns/VPN service. If I even get 6 months will have paid for itself.

fishscale Registered User

netflix changed theyr tactic to blocking this,they use geo blocking and last time i used this i got the monthly sub to get us netflix but it stopped working so i stopped paying.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!