Mooooo Registered User

One morning I need to get the cows done early dumbass here let's the wire down directing to parlour and cows head for a gallop to the last fecking field on the pasaage

2 people have thanked this post
kowtow Registered User

Fixture
Lots of unqualified opinions being offered here so I'd advise any one potentially affected to talk to a good accountant before engaging with Revenue.

+1

Agree with that completely.

But make sure you can get an accountant who is prepared to fight if there is actually something to fight here. I can see how harsh it appears but whether as gains or income accretions will always be taxed. A lot of the problem lies with the nature of the underlying corporate transactions and the failure to ensure farmers were properly advised at the time.

Of course, if they had been, we might not be where we are at all.

whelan2 Registered User

Do Kerry / REVENUE expect people to pay the tax due in December 2016?

blue5000 Moderator

Welcome to Dairy chit chat II, opened this as we were close to our 10,000 post count limit on the old thread, which can be viewed here;
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057467893&page=667

3 people have thanked this post
DKDairy Registered User

has anyone ever used batt latch for gaps ? timer which open gaps at set time..whats yer opinion of them?

Timmaay Registered User

3rd cow with mastitis since they have had access to the cubicles ughhhh. How much is the Glanbia liquid quote worth again? This winter milk crack isn't worth the hardship.

Mooooo Registered User

Timmaay said:
3rd cow with mastitis since they have had access to the cubicles ughhhh. How much is the Glanbia liquid quote worth again? This winter milk crack isn't worth the hardship.

What bedding you using? Changed to 10% hydrated lime from agrical and found an improvement. also yours are still on grass? perhaps dung is looser? I find they get cleaner when adjusted to indoor diet. Have way too many cows on cubicles here at the minute but have had one case recently but more to do with the teat cracking, and she wouldn't milk out in it then. STRANGE cos it it went that way before housing and the cutnheal spray seems to be doing no good. And typical best cow in place, 8th lactation calves on the button and 4% p, first time getting a mastitis tube.

whelan2 Registered User

Timmaay said:

Sold 2 offenders here to a suckler man the other day.

Keepgrowing Registered User

DKDairy said:
has anyone ever used batt latch for gaps ? timer which open gaps at set time..whats yer opinion of them?

Yes, super yoke.
It needs an additional cover as water will eventually seep in. Highly recommended one. We set at same time as clock and cows make their own way

DKDairy Registered User

Keepgrowing said:
Yes, super yoke.
It needs an additional cover as water will eventually seep in. Highly recommended one. We set at same time as clock and cows make their own way

best place to buy one? only seen on youtube

DKDairy said:

I got from Glanbia. Stradbally fa services are the importers. Co Laois

DKDairy said:

http://stradballyfarmservices.com/pel/gates-gate-products/

1 person has thanked this post
Timmaay Registered User

Mooooo said:
What bedding you using? Changed to 10% hydrated lime from agrical and found an improvement. also yours are still on grass? perhaps dung is looser? I find they get cleaner when adjusted to indoor diet. Have way too many cows on cubicles here at the minute but have had one case recently but more to do with the teat cracking, and she wouldn't milk out in it then. STRANGE cos it it went that way before housing and the cutnheal spray seems to be doing no good. And typical best cow in place, 8th lactation calves on the button and 4% p, first time getting a mastitis tube.

1st few days it was pure hydrated with sawdust over it, got a ton bag of 10% now. 80 cows on 60 cubicles but I locked 15 of them in the calving shed the last 3 nights to take the pressure off. Bulk tank scc around 140, it's almost definitely some bug causing it I'm thinking. 3 cows with it have been turfed back out to a fresh paddock fulltime to prevent it spreading.

mahoney_j Registered User

Timmaay said:
1st few days it was pure hydrated with sawdust over it, got a ton bag of 10% now. 80 cows on 60 cubicles but I locked 15 of them in the calving shed the last 3 nights to take the pressure off. Bulk tank scc around 140, it's almost definitely some bug causing it I'm thinking. 3 cows with it have been turfed back out to a fresh paddock fulltime to prevent it spreading.

That's a lot to do with it Tim ,overcrowding and hygiene /cleanliness .were cubicles washed and disinfected prior to housing ,how often do u run scrapers (alt least every 2 hours packed that tight )scrape down and lime cubicles twice daily ,clip cows tails

blackdog1 Registered User

What I find works for me

1 disenfect cubicles with boiling water and soregen ( boiling water gives it a great kill.l). I use a watering can on front half of Cubicles...you need to give it a good soak. I find this better than the sprayer. Do this once a week.

2 lime with 10% hydrated lime and pure hydrated once a week.

Also make sure you use a good teat dip and cull any high scc cows of possible.

I also find of you push on silage or feed it while the cows are locked in the yard they eat and don't sit down straight away.... Gives them time for the teats to close.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!