Balfey1972 Registered User

tatranska said:
Guys can I ask a question about my shot #679

How would I have gotten light into the reflection in the eagles eye? I'm using Lightroom!

Try using the radial filter (or brush) and zoom in 100 %
Increase the exposure, whites and highlights slightly and reduce the contrast a little. Use subtle increases and right click on the radial button and duplicate it a couple of times and look at the changes.

What version of LR are you using?

tatranska Registered User

Balfey1972 said:
Try using the radial filter (or brush) and zoom in 100 %
Increase the exposure, whites and highlights slightly and reduce the contrast a little. Use subtle increases and right click on the radial button and duplicate it a couple of times and look at the changes.

What version of LR are you using?

Thanks
I'm using 5.7
I brought the whites and blacks as far as they could go without getting burnout.

ED E Registered User

CianDon said:
200 MPH Motorbikes at 1/25th of a sec. Sure fire way to fill a camera with blurry pictures of hedges and and sky

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4164/34641329556_4e61c299b8_c.jpg

Were you tracking them by hand? Some knack that.

CianDon Registered User

ED E said:
Were you tracking them by hand? Some knack that.

Aye I was indeed, but at that speed its pure pot luck of getting a shot. It was handy that it was a straight stretch, with at least a few second of vision of the bikes as they flew past. Obstacles like people, hedges and signs made it hard to track, but worth it for the odd photo that came out alright. I do a lot of Motorsport photography, and while with rallying its all about nailing a single shot in an instant, I've played around track side at drift events to really push my tracking skills.My own logic is that I pick out a particular part on a moving object, oddly with cars its the drivers door mirror that I aim for, and just try and keep that at the same point in the viewfinder as I move with its direction. GReat if it works out, but you come home with a serious amount of blurry pics when you push it into the 1/25 down to 1/10 ranges

1 person has thanked this post
keps Registered User

@Myksyk

That cyclist photo took a lot of thought,skill and ingenuity .. well done

Myksyk Moderator

keps said:
@Myksyk

That cyclist photo took a lot of thought,skill and ingenuity .. well done

Thanks keps.

ED E Registered User

Cork Boy said:
https://500px.com/photo/214686303/black-white-lili-by-roryaherne

Note: How can I reduce the size of it on 500px? Mine is 900px long and against the rules. Alternatively, can we edit the img tag to include size attributes?

Problem is you're using 500px. Other hosts allow you to specify a size, eg imgur:

A single extra character sets the size.

.Longshanks. Registered User

Loki98 said:

Genius!

7 people have thanked this post
Cork Boy Registered User

ED E said:
Problem is you're using 500px. Other hosts allow you to specify a size, eg imgur:

Didn't think of imgur actually! Was trying to use flickr but yahoo made an absolute mess of the account system and now I can't use mine anymore arse to them.

Come to think of it, I actually had to google how to delete my yahoo account.

ED E Registered User

Careful with Yahoo. If you have any other sites that were registered through them and you delete your account, somebody else can re-use your username and then gain access through password resets. Laughing stock of the infosec community.

magicbastarder Registered User

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103889989&postcount=867

was the sky really like that when the photo was taken? the lighting conditions look a little incongruous.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!