Mad4CHX Banned

Drystock farmer here so work full time off farm. Try to do as little as possible on farm, few hours at the wkd max. Going to try and claim as many grants as possible and cut production further next few years. Don't want to have too much cash tied up in cattle at the moment unless things improve.

1 person has thanked this post

Mad4CHX said:
Drystock farmer here so work full time off farm. Try to do as little as possible on farm, few hours at the wkd max. Going to try and claim as many grants as possible and cut production further next few years. Don't want to have too much cash tied up in cattle at the moment unless things improve.

What grants would you be able to claim?

Mad4CHX Banned

farmerjj said:
What's grants would you be able to claim?

BPS, ANC, GLAS. Need to get into knowledge transfer and whatever else is out there. I'll be putting more effort into looking into various schemes than beef the next few years. Time to get the easy money!

2 people have thanked this post
Muckit Registered User

How are you getting on at the summer grazing?! Any mart slips to show us!!

11 people have thanked this post
Mad4CHX Banned

Limestone Cowboy said:
I could get slated for this but we're getting over 800 a week in grants alone and our entitlement's are below the national average in value and there are a lot around here getting more than us. That's before any stock are sold.

That's super work. What grants are you getting? Have ya many acres to pull that out a week on grants alone. Fair play.

Limestone Cowboy Registered User

Mad4CHX said:
That's super work. What grants are you getting? Have ya many acres to pull that out a week on grants alone. Fair play.

Anc, sfp, glas, burren programme, suckler scheme and discussion groups. 82 entitlements. Should get the young farmer this year aswell and if the national reserve opens up again it's worth nearly another 4K a year to me but I think I missed the boat on that one. A good few around here drawing a lot more than me.

1 person has thanked this post
charolais0153 Registered User

Limestone Cowboy said:
Anc, sfp, glas, burren programme, suckler scheme and discussion groups. 82 entitlements. Should get the young farmer this year aswell and if the national reserve opens up again it's worth nearly another 4K a year to me but I think I missed the boat on that one. A good few around here drawing a lot more than me.

Lad I worked for before was getting 230£ a day

2 people have thanked this post

charolais0153 said:
Lad I worked for before was getting 230£ a day

Some money, know three fellas getting around 90k aswell. They are all slaves to work though.

Mad4CHX Banned

Limestone Cowboy said:
Some money, know three fellas getting around 90k aswell. They are all slaves to work though.

Have they much land?

Mad4CHX said:
Have they much land?

700-1000 acres of winterage type land mostly, its hard to judge!

TITANIUM. Registered User

Muckit said:
How are you getting on at the summer grazing?! Any mart slips to show us!!

Well spotted.

3 people have thanked this post
Mad4CHX Banned

Limestone Cowboy said:
700-1000 acres of winterage type land mostly, its hard to judge!

Ah that puts it into perspective. Still impressive going though. Fair play to them.

longgonesilver Registered User

Before anyone thinks that they are getting money for nothing, they are farming the Burren. Farming on rock and maintaining the NAC is not easy work.

11 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!