sryanbruen Registered User

nacho libre said:
I think there was, remember that brief weak south easterly flow we had due to the scandi high, which quickly sunk.

You thought that was the response? I thought that was way too fast for a response to the SSW.

nacho libre Registered User

sryanbruen said:
You thought that was the response? I thought that was way too fast for a response to the SSW.

Apparently it was, according to what i read, usually the response takes two- three weeks

sryanbruen Registered User

It looks as though the response to the late February stratospheric warming is taking place now except in the USA where the eastern seaboard is much colder than normal and a nor'easter will take place in the coming days bringing blizzards. This is a contrast to the warm Winter they recorded. Meanwhile, temperatures at home are expected to go back down to average or stay slightly above for the next 7-10 days after a warm weekend.

3 people have thanked this post
nacho libre Registered User

sryanbruen said:
It looks as though the response to the late February stratospheric warming is taking place now except in the USA where the eastern seaboard is much colder than normal and a nor'easter will take place in the coming days bringing blizzards. This is a contrast to the warm Winter they recorded. Meanwhile, temperatures at home are expected to go back down to average or stay slightly above for the next 7-10 days after a warm weekend.

I have family over there They say its quite cold at the moment, and it will be cold all week.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!