Birneybau Registered User

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/793150742626533376?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Yeah, was going to keep it to myself but I'm sure others would have found out. Tickets on sale this Friday.

2 people have thanked this post
budgemook Registered User

Gonna sell out quickly?

BOHtox Registered User

Did they change the date and location of Electric Picnic?

6 people have thanked this post
davywalsh7 Registered User

Any presale details?

circular flexing Registered User

First Irish show since June 2008 - hard to say how fast it will sell out.

UsedToWait Registered User

circular flexing said:
First Irish show since June 2008 - hard to say how fast it will sell out.

I'm guessing 3 minutes

3 people have thanked this post
MadYaker Registered User

I think it'll be hard to get tickets for this. It's first show they've played here in years and Radiohead fans are mental. I don't think I'll be trying for tickets.

PropJoe10 Registered User

Tickets for this will be like gold dust.

Zardoz Registered User

PropJoe10 said:
Tickets for this will be like gold dust.

I can see them adding a second gig on the Wednesday night ,one night would sell out quickly 2 wouldnt though.

Euphoria Intensifies Registered User

Oh my god hopefully they will do a couple of nights, tickets will be IMPOSSIBLE to get for this!!

Zaph Millionaire Oppressor

Zardoz said:
I can see them adding a second gig on the Wednesday night ,one night would sell out quickly 2 wouldnt though.

I'd imagine if there were 5 gigs they'd sell out in no time. Tickets for a second gig wouldn't last much longer than the first.

2 people have thanked this post
okidoki987 Registered User

Why can't other gigs be done the same?

Radiohead have announced that they will make their Irish return next year with a concert in Dublin's 3Arena.

The band will take to the stage in the venue on June 20, 2017, with tickets going on sale on Friday, November 4 at 9am.

Tickets are priced from €61.45 and there will be a ticket limit of maximum 4 per person/transaction when they go on sale.

The name of the lead attendee will be printed on each ticket and the name cannot be changed after the booking has been made. All guests in the booking must arrive at the concert at the same time and photo identification will be checked.

9 people have thanked this post
Cornelius Crow Hosted Moderator

I'm tremendously excited for this!

Zardoz Registered User

okidoki987 said:
Why can't other gigs be done the same?

Tickets are priced from €61.45 and there will be a ticket limit of maximum 4 per person/transaction when they go on sale.

The name of the lead attendee will be printed on each ticket and the name cannot be changed after the booking has been made. All guests in the booking must arrive at the concert at the same time and photo identification will be checked.

While in principle it is to be admired that they are implementing those ticket restrictions its highly unlikely it will be implemented in such a large venue .

It works well in a small venue with a capacity of ~3-4k but any larger and its not really feasible.
The gig is on a Tuesday night too so you have alot of people arriving to the venue late/after work so its simply not feasible to check all those ID's .

There would be riots too if people were turned away .

MadYaker Registered User

Radiohead have done it in the past. People can't riot if they're turned away for not following rules that were clearly outlined before the gig.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!