Genghis Cant Moderator

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056122259

Old thread linked above. Here's a brand spanking new one.

3 people have thanked this post
Mooooo Registered User

That stereotype of farmers constantly going on about the weather is obviously bull****

6 people have thanked this post
davidk1394 Registered User

Dull day to match my mood for spreading dung

TITANIUM. Registered User

Another great day in the south west. Blue skies and flaking sunshine, how long more can it last?

Lady Haywire Registered User

Unreal weather for this time of year, cows are happy out! Living off the ivy we're cutting down I reckon

Attachments
20161031_105324.jpg
ganmo Registered User

Sunset here yesterday

Attachments
IMG_0007.JPG
3 people have thanked this post
whelan2 Registered User

Lovely morning

1 person has thanked this post
alps Registered User

Good Moon this evening.....another month of good weather?

patsy_mccabe Registered User

I'm feeding weanlings meal in the same spot in the field for the last 2 weeks or so. They're not even marking the ground. Seriously great weather.

alps said:
Good Moon this evening.....another month of good weather?

Frosty. Bury or lag those pipes.

Reggie. Registered User

pedigree 6 said:
Frosty. Bury or lag those pipes.

Giving it wet and cold from thursday

Lady Haywire Registered User

Set up the shed earlier for the cows to go in tomorrow/Thursday, will be great having them go in dry and with all fields ate down. Fields are in better condition now that they were in the middle of summer!!

2 people have thanked this post

Reggie. said:
Giving it wet and cold from thursday

Not really that much rain.
Can't really be when it's not coming in from the atlantic.
This rain is coming from the north.
https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/forecast/week/mullingar_ireland_2962361

But longer term everything seems to be falling in place for the coldest winter in a while. This really is strange weather we are having this year.
The weather from the atlantic never really got to the east of Ireland this year.
Southerly and easterly and northerly but not much westerly weather got this far.
If this trend continues expect very cold conditions. Whatever about any moisture in it.
I've never seen such as dry an October anyway not even when lads were pulling sugar beet there was always some disruption with weather.
Looks to be a good year for no worms on this farm, only dosed the calves once this year and was just letting them in a fresh paddock this evening and they were galloping around the paddock and they stopped up beside me and not a cough or heavy draw out of any of them. Will dose again with a different wormer when they come in though.

2 people have thanked this post
RightTurnClyde Registered User

First frost of the year. Brrrrr

_Brian Registered User

RightTurnClyde said:
First frost of the year. Brrrrr

Yea, nice white front here too. But we've had about half dozen white frosts so far. They're just beautiful brights clear skies and fresh air.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!