Peregrine Title Receiver

Play nice.

Old thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057613669

If you were banned from posting in the old thread, you're still banned from posting in this thread.

2 people have thanked this post
dinorebel Registered User

Peregrine said:
Play nice.

Old thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057613669

If you were banned from posting in the old thread, you're still banned from posting in this thread.

Good luck with that

6 people have thanked this post

U locked mah threeeeeeeeead!

tomwaterford said:
What's the point in having a referendum if your just going to ignore the results

They fought a somewhat disastrous wars to bring democracy to the middle East....but will ignore it at home

Lets be clear here if the referendum was based on sound fact's from both sides it wouldn't be an issue but the fact is it was barely carried and alot of it was due to misinformation and because it was more seen as a protest vote as well. There's also the fact that the vote itself was deeply divisive across generations and territories and its a complete mess. The whole thing only started because it was the damn tories being stupid in the first place and blaming Europe for their own inadequacies. Now they risk the UK breaking up in the next decade because of it.

The only thing that might save them is if it's decided that parliament has to vote on triggering it and if things get bad enough beforehand there might be enough pressure on the MPs and enough shift in public opinion to basically say "screw this" and call it quits on this. The fall in the £ and the risk of prices rising across the board and job losses can swing things very quickly if it bites hard enough.

As for the middle east dont make anyone laugh that whole region is a cesspool filled with ignorance stupidity and Darwin Award State, they didnt exactly bring much democracy there only blew open pent up frustrastions. Russia and 'Murica aint making things any better but the place is a dump as it and it'll take a century or more or a nuclear war before they wise up and realise how stupid they are. Once the oil dries up out there they're screwed big time all that bad karma will come back to bite em.

3 people have thanked this post
frozenfrozen Registered User

I can't believe it's not brexit

14 people have thanked this post
Peregrine Title Receiver

Infini2 said:
U locked mah threeeeeeeeead!

Dey tuk ar threds!

5 people have thanked this post
Ted_YNWA Registered User

but you'll never take their freedom

4 people have thanked this post
Harry Palmr Registered User

Looking at the coverage of the UK government briefing on Brexit, it looks like the penny is starting to stop (and not just in value!)

highgiant1985 Registered User

I missed the first thread so apologises if this has already been discussed but something I'm interested in is if there is any likelihood of another referendum being called in the UK instead of the Britex process being triggered officially? Has there been any talk of that?

I only ask based on previous votes in Ireland such as the Nice or Lisbon treaty where by a referendum was run a second time and the people changed their mind.

The_Valeyard Registered User

Brexit v2?

Could we not call it 'The Brexiting'

5 people have thanked this post
FrancieBrady Registered User

highgiant1985 said:
I missed the first thread so apologises if this has already been discussed but something I'm interested in is if there is any likelihood of another referendum being called in the UK instead of the Britex process being triggered officially? Has there been any talk of that?

I only ask based on previous votes in Ireland such as the Nice or Lisbon treaty where by a referendum was run a second time and the people changed their mind.

It has been suggested and ruled out by May.
Personally I wouldn't.

Junkyard Tom Registered User

Hopefully it won't harm the British economy too much because it'll be bad for all of us if it does.

9 people have thanked this post
steddyeddy Registered User

Junkyard Tom said:
Hopefully it won't harm the British economy too much because it'll be bad for all of us if it does.

It will harm us either way I think. Hopefully lessons will be learned.

catbear Registered User

Junkyard Tom said:

being politically attached to Britain was a disaster for us. brexit is the heave we need to break the lure of that easy market.

It would be wrong to waste a good crisis.

8 people have thanked this post
For Forks Sake Registered User

The_Valeyard said:
Brexit v2?

Could we not call it 'The Brexiting'

Brexit Harder

20 people have thanked this post
Harry Palmr Registered User

catbear

Why would a small open economy wilfully decide to reject an English speaking economy of 62 million poeple right next door?

15 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!