Glen_Quagmire Registered User
#2,086

I'm eligible for the HTB but need to add my GF info the application so I need to cancel my application and resubmit as a joint application.

I done mine about 2 years ago so can't remember how long it takes from start to finish, i.e. submitting the Form 12s etc.

Anyone done it recently know how long the process is these days?

Daniogroove Registered User
#2,087

Glen_Quagmire said:
I'm eligible for the HTB but need to add my GF info the application so I need to cancel my application and resubmit as a joint application.

I done mine about 2 years ago so can't remember how long it takes from start to finish, i.e. submitting the Form 12s etc.

Anyone done it recently know how long the process is these days?

It's only a few days after submitting the form 12s.. another 4 to 5 to get approval then after but i was a solo application so maybe yours will be slower.

1 person has thanked this post
z0oT Registered User
#2,088

z0oT said:
But... upon checking the list of qualifying contracters on the Revenue website HERE (PDF), I can't find the developer on the list.

Guess I'll have to check with them again. Just curious if this has happened to people here before?

So.... according to the agent, the Developer is not yet set up with the Revenue for the Help to Buy scheme hence their name not being on the list.

However I've been assured that it will be honored when the time comes to claim it given that they have advertised the development being eligible. Other people who have bought into the development have asked the same question.

I'm not sure what to think of that. I guess the details will have to be worked out when the contracts go to the solicitors.

We could still afford the house without the Help to Buy, but yet at the same time it would be nice to get something back from the Revenue given its likely already pushed up prices for new builds.

Question if anyone knows - What does a developer have to do to become a qualifying contracter with the Help to Buy scheme?

poggy Registered User
#2,089

Hi all,

Quick question, and sorry if I have missed it here or on the revenue site.

Is there a number I can contact revenue on in relation to the HTB grant?

Thanks in advance.

z0oT Registered User
#2,090

poggy said:
Hi all,

Quick question, and sorry if I have missed it here or on the revenue site.

Is there a number I can contact revenue on in relation to the HTB grant?

Thanks in advance.

I rang the standard PAYE helpline and they helped me out with our application.

https://revenue.ie/en/contact-us/index.aspx

poggy Registered User
#2,091

z0oT said:
I rang the standard PAYE helpline and they helped me out with our application.

https://revenue.ie/en/contact-us/index.aspx

Cheers!

GingerLily Registered User
#2,092

z0oT said:
So.... according to the agent, the Developer is not yet set up with the Revenue for the Help to Buy scheme hence their name not being on the list.

However I've been assured that it will be honored when the time comes to claim it given that they have advertised the development being eligible. Other people who have bought into the development have asked the same question.

If your sign contracts you'd wanna put in a clause about that HTB thing then.

z0oT Registered User
#2,093

GingerLily said:
If your sign contracts you'd wanna put in a clause about that HTB thing then.

I was thinking one could do that if need be.

It'll be a question for our solicitor when he has the contracts.

dellas1979 Registered User
#2,094

Question for people building.

Am requistioning/drawing down first stage. Am eligible for HTB. I believe I can claim after first stage is drawn down?

(believe its 5% of valuation?)

awec Moderator
#2,095

dellas1979 said:
Question for people building.

Am requistioning/drawing down first stage. Am eligible for HTB. I believe I can claim after first stage is drawn down?

(believe its 5% of valuation?)

5% of lenders valuation to a maximum of 20,000.

Blanchy90 Registered User
#2,096

Just curious, the final code to claim the htb money by the builder. Should this be requested by the builders solicitor or provided by my solicitor?

Creamy Goodness Registered User
#2,097

Blanchy90 said:
Just curious, the final code to claim the htb money by the builder. Should this be requested by the builders solicitor or provided by my solicitor?

I just gave mine to the estate agent and they passed it on. If it involves money you'll never see a builder act faster

awec Moderator
#2,098

Blanchy90 said:

The builders solicitor will ask your solicitor for it, who in turn will ask you for it.

All conversations of this sort with the builder should go via your solicitor.

Blanchy90 Registered User
#2,099

awec said:
The builders solicitor will ask your solicitor for it, who in turn will ask you for it.

All conversations of this sort with the builder should go via your solicitor.

Thanks, my issue is I was never asked for the final claim reference so trying to see who is to blame

awec Moderator
#2,100

Blanchy90 said:
Thanks, my issue is I was never asked for the final claim reference so trying to see who is to blame

When you upload the signed contracts it gives you that code.

Your solicitor should have instructed you to send the code to them as soon as you had uploaded the contracts.

The code is available in the “my enquiries” bit of revenue online.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!