davo2001 Registered User
#1,771

SmallTeapot said:
Thanks Deadl0ck

Just a quick one for family members who have set up an account previously.... on the confirmation page, did ye all register with the same address?

You have to, otherwise they will cancel it, ensure you all use the exact same postcode.

Seve OB Registered User
#1,772

Forgive my ignorance and stupidity please but as I have a vast library of CD's loaded onto iPod's I really have no interest in streaming music. I downloaded Spotify once upon a time and couldn't figure it out so didn't bother anymore.

However, curiosity got the better of me and I recently clicked I link and was able to play the new U2 album on Spotify, which I'd forgotten I had previously downloaded.

So then I start getting bombarded with a 3 month special offer fo 99c. I pulled the trigger as I got new Bluetooth headphones and still need to get a bluetooth transmitter for my iPod.

What is the difference between paying a tenner a month and the free service? All I can figure out was every half an hour on the free service was hte fact you got a very quick ad to tell you the next half hour would be free!

Am I missing something? Why on earth would anyone pay a tenner a month for this?

SmallTeapot Registered User
#1,773

davo2001 said:
You have to, otherwise they will cancel it, ensure you all use the exact same postcode.

Lads (my family members), have ye all signed up the same address on the confirmation page....,

If so, could you pm the address please. Thanks

onetwofourthree Registered User
#1,774

Seve OB said:
Forgive my ignorance and stupidity please but as I have a vast library of CD's loaded onto iPod's I really have no interest in streaming music. I downloaded Spotify once upon a time and couldn't figure it out so didn't bother anymore.

However, curiosity got the better of me and I recently clicked I link and was able to play the new U2 album on Spotify, which I'd forgotten I had previously downloaded.

So then I start getting bombarded with a 3 month special offer fo 99c. I pulled the trigger as I got new Bluetooth headphones and still need to get a bluetooth transmitter for my iPod.

What is the difference between paying a tenner a month and the free service? All I can figure out was every half an hour on the free service was hte fact you got a very quick ad to tell you the next half hour would be free!

Am I missing something? Why on earth would anyone pay a tenner a month for this?

Maybe not the place for a discussion like this, but main benefits to paying a subs is (a) it's ad free (b) you can save a certain amount of music to your device(s) to listen offline (c) higher quality audio (d) you can listen to albums in the order that Bono intended [free service you can only shuffle] and (e) your subscription means more money for artists which means it's more likely you get the next U2 to load on to your iPods.

Depends on how you listen to music I suppose, but a tenner a month for access to a dizzying catalogue of music whenever you want it is a good deal IMO.

1 person has thanked this post
Seve OB Registered User
#1,775

onetwofourthree said:
Maybe not the place for a discussion like this, but main benefits to paying a subs is (a) it's ad free (b) you can save a certain amount of music to your device(s) to listen offline (c) higher quality audio (d) you can listen to albums in the order that Bono intended [free service you can only shuffle] and (e) your subscription means more money for artists which means it's more likely you get the next U2 to load on to your iPods.

Depends on how you listen to music I suppose, but a tenner a month for access to a dizzying catalogue of music whenever you want it is a good deal IMO.

Thanks for reply. So really as a free subscriber you get everything, just with a few ads and not in order. Seems like a tenner a month is a lot in that case, IMO.

I suppose back in the day when I used to buy a cd every week, it would have made more sense to pay a tenner a month. But I’ve built up such a large amount now I don’t really see the need. I don’t buy new stuff that often anymore, a few here and there and gift requests, so the artist still gets my money and definitely more than they would if I was just another spot subscriber. I probably pick up a few dozen cds still each year for a quid or 2 second hand at fairs etc so my library is still growing at a fraction of the cost

Thanks for explanation though, I was curious

snoopy84 Registered User
#1,776

Seve OB

I tried the free one once and thought it was terrible. couldn't listen to anything I wanted, was full of ads just couldn't figure it out i deleted it after a day. After following this thread for a while I finally bit the bullet and joined a family. WHY did I wait so long. I think it's fantastic, I can't understand why everyone doesn't have a subscription. However I'm not sure I could keep upto a monthly sub but the 30 upfront is well worth it, will probably get one for my partner soon

Aquos76 Moderator
#1,777

snoopy84 said:
I tried the free one once and thought it was terrible. couldn't listen to anything I wanted, was full of ads just couldn't figure it out i deleted it after a day. After following this thread for a while I finally bit the bullet and joined a family. WHY did I wait so long. I think it's fantastic, I can't understand why everyone doesn't have a subscription. However I'm not sure I could keep upto a monthly sub but the 30 upfront is well worth it, will probably get one for my partner soon

Totally agree with this, there is no comparison between them both, free version is very limited and can be very frustrating, yes a family membership is brilliant value but so is €9.99 a month if you do love listening to music. Before setting up a family I was happily paying €5 a month through a Vodafone offer, where I topped up a spare SIM card with €60 worth of credit and €5 was taken every month for Spotify.

deadl0ck Registered User
#1,778

Guys - just home from work now. Took nearly 2 hours with the fog (live 100km from work).

I'm sending you all PMs now with the address I used

2 people have thanked this post
SmallTeapot Registered User
#1,779

deadl0ck said:
Guys - just home from work now. Took nearly 2 hours with the for (live 100km from work).

Thank Deadl0ck

Helium Registered User
#1,780

deadl0ck said:
Guys - just home from work now. Took nearly 2 hours with the for (live 100km from work).

Thanks deadl0ck

Helium Registered User
#1,781

SmallTeapot said:
Thank Deadl0ck

Made a mess replying to your PM, Don't think it sent.
We're sorted anyway

deadl0ck Registered User
#1,782

Guys - you should have all got a PM from me with my address

4 people have thanked this post
Ken Tucky Registered User
#1,783

Is anybody having problems with family members being kicked. My wife has just been kicked after 3 months of using with no problems.
It's seems very hard to recover the info that I first put into Spotify as so to make sure we are in synch.
They are hard to contact too...

JohnK Subscriber
#1,785

Anyone looking for a family member?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!