MoodeRator Registered User

Just received an email from Spotify offering Premium access for 6 family members @ €14.99/month.

https://www.spotify.com/ie/family/

(This may something that always existed, but the first time I have been aware of it )

(Note from Boards.ie: Mark - Please note that Spotify may clamp down on abuse/workarounds of the family subscription in the future and that boards.ie (and the OP) accepts no responsibility if this happens.)

6 people have thanked this post
loyatemu Registered User

MoodeRator said:
Just received an email from Spotify offering Premium access for 6 family members @ €14.99/month.

https://www.spotify.com/ie/family/

(This may something that always existed, but the first time I have been aware of it )

it's been around for a while, Apple, Google & Deezer have similar deals

StaticNoise Registered User

Best thing is to register an account, using Parcel Motel ID or An Post ID, as the address.
Find 5 others to join in with you. Get them to pay €2.50 each.
Enjoy cheap Spotify.

I could see many Boardsies becoming family and pooling for this one?

9 people have thanked this post
gerrybbadd Registered User

Seems like a fantastic deal to me, and a great price for 6 accounts. If anyone fancies starting one up for boardsies, count me in for the €2.50 a month!

3 people have thanked this post
rustledjimmies Registered User

StaticNoise said:
Best thing is to register an account, using Parcel Motel ID or An Post ID, as the address.

What's that got to do with anything?! This is a regular offer for Irish customers.

2 people have thanked this post
Barty Registered User

The 6 users on the family account have to live at the same address.
One person subscribes to the family account, sends invites to 5 other people to join the account (with their own login details).
When they accept the invite they are asked to enter the address - you just need to make sure you enter the same address as the person that subscribed to the family account.

1 person has thanked this post
Lord Spence Registered User

loyatemu said:
it's been around for a while, Apple, Google & Deezer have similar deals

Deezer family not available in Ireland afaik

paddydriver Registered User

Barty said:
The 6 users on the family account have to live at the same address.
One person subscribes to the family account, sends invites to 5 other people to join the account (with their own login details).
When they accept the invite they are asked to enter the address - you just need to make sure you enter the same address as the person that subscribed to the family account.

Not so sure.. unless it changed; I invited my 3 kids to join Premium and they just clicked on the link sent to them, it logged them in via their credentials and they were then on Premium. I don't recall them having to enter address details.

4 people have thanked this post
dinneenp Registered User

gerrybbadd said:
Seems like a fantastic deal to me, and a great price for 6 accounts. If anyone fancies starting one up for boardsies, count me in for the €2.50 a month!

Hi. Count me in too please.
Can I have my own playlists that others can't edit? Also, what if we end the family deal? Do I lose the playlists I've built up?

emkoirl Registered User

Hi. Count me in too please.
Can I have my own playlists that others can't edit? Also, what if we end the family deal? Do I lose the playlists I've built up?

Yeah everyone has their own individual accounts, so your playlists can't be edited by anyone else in the family plan. You can also add an existing account to the family plan if you already have one. As for ending the plan, no you won't lose any of your playlists, your account just gets removed from the family plan and loses its premium status.

ablelocks Registered User

i had premium when it was on the 99c for 2 months offer - back on the free version and I'm not seeing much of a difference apart from the ad breaks and shuffle play only...although I usually only play albums and spotify playlists...

Dodge Registered User

ablelocks said:
i had premium when it was on the 99c for 2 months offer - back on the free version and I'm not seeing much of a difference apart from the ad breaks and shuffle play only...although I usually only play albums and spotify playlists...

There's a huge difference on mobile

(for example you can't play albums and you can only play playlists in shuffle mode)

6 people have thanked this post
NTC Registered User

Add me to the list for the boards.ie family

ablelocks Registered User

Dodge said:
There's a huge difference on mobile

(for example you can't play albums and you can only play playlists in shuffle mode)

i can play albums (in shuffle mode) on my windows phone. must check the ipods when i get home...

with playlists, it doesn't really matter does it? I only play them in shuffle mode anyway...

Dodge Registered User

ablelocks said:
i can play albums (in shuffle mode) on my windows phone. must check the ipods when i get home...

with playlists, it doesn't really matter does it? I only play them in shuffle mode anyway...

Did to me. I find the ability to just look for a song very handy but if you don't need the premium then you're saving yourself a few quid

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!