vicwatson Registered User

One of the nicest beers in the planet

123654789 Registered User

Saw a few chocolate bar reductions today but the shelves were empty

However someone else might spot 17c Tesco white choc 100g, 37c Tesco hazelnut choc 100g and a sea salt/caramel Tesco one that I think was 64c

I'm definitely not in Tesco half as much since they stopped taking competitor vouchers. I wonder how it's affected sales.

CeilingFly Registered User

123654789 said:

I'm definitely not in Tesco half as much since they stopped taking competitor vouchers. I wonder how it's affected sales.

The kantar figure will be out in a week or so, but within the trade the word is very little affect.

Also due to repositioning and accepting lower margins, many of the voucher shops were loss making - their till software can spit out a "profit per receipt" report and its easy to do a separate report on those using competitor vouchers.

So they are not concerned about losing customers that they are not profiting from.

You'll also have noticed that there have been no dunnes vouchers in the papers since Tesco stopped accepting them. Dunnes very much used them as a stick to hurt Tesco as most of their regular customers had vouchers from the previous week anyway

6 people have thanked this post
Movie Maestro Registered User

Are these in all stores?

Quackster Moderator

Movie Maestro said:
Are these in all stores?

Picked up 8 bottles in my smaller local Tesco earlier @ €1.55 each. Also picked up some Afligem reduced to €1.67. Had checked in my larger local Tesco yesterday and they had none.

idontlikemyname Registered User

Short dated (18th Sept) hunky dorys in Tesco ardkeen 10 cent a bag

1 person has thanked this post
Quackster Moderator

Spaten @ €1.08 a bottle. Cleared out my local!

zell12 Registered User

T Sugar 1kg €1

road_high Registered User

CeilingFly said:
The kantar figure will be out in a week or so, but within the trade the word is very little affect.

Also due to repositioning and accepting lower margins, many of the voucher shops were loss making - their till software can spit out a "profit per receipt" report and its easy to do a separate report on those using competitor vouchers.

So they are not concerned about losing customers that they are not profiting from.

You'll also have noticed that there have been no dunnes vouchers in the papers since Tesco stopped accepting them. Dunnes very much used them as a stick to hurt Tesco as most of their regular customers had vouchers from the previous week anyway

Shame Tesco stopped taking them . With all the special offers the ten euro off was very attractive and good value indeed. SV used send me 15 euro off 60 euro the odd time and always used one in Tesco to stock up if I remembered it....would never spend that amount in SV really, the range of products isn't there!!

Quackster Moderator

zell12 said:
T Sugar 1kg €1

Same in Dunnes.

zell12 Registered User

Tesco finally publish their comparison products against Aldi,Lidl,Supervalu,Dunnes
‘The 800’ are the 800 products from the total Tesco product range that Tesco consider matter most to our customers
https://food-and-community.tesco.ie/assets/Uploads/Tesco-The-800-List.pdf

littlesthobo Registered User

zell12 said:
Tesco finally publish their comparison products against Aldi,Lidl,Supervalu,Dunnes
‘The 800’ are the 800 products from the total Tesco product range that Tesco consider matter most to our customers
https://food-and-community.tesco.ie/assets/Uploads/Tesco-The-800-List.pdf

Recently noticed that their 1kg baby rooster potatoes went from 46c to 99c, now part of the 800. Outrageous increase disguised as value. It shows how far they've fallen really. Gone from being price setters to followers

2 people have thanked this post
Lady Haywire Registered User

To be fair, spuds are going to rise everywhere this year, even if they're imports.

littlesthobo Registered User

Lady Haywire said:
To be fair, spuds are going to rise everywhere this year, even if they're imports.

Which is fair enough. Pricing is always dependant on weather and yields etc, It's the way in which it was done I have issue with.

They are only comparing the line with Dunnes stores and not with comparable products in the other multiples which are cheaper btw. They increased the price and made it look like they are matching the others when they are not.

Discodog Registered User

Aldi & Lidl are becoming a trusted brands. In Finland they were seen as a quirk. Now people see them as not just value but quality too. Interestingly their prices are in line with the UK & Ireland despite general prices being higher.

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!