Shefwedfan Registered User

Ok I heard about this car at weekend. Think it was radio and it mentioned it was going to be the Skoda version of the Touareg.

I have done a number of searchs but haven't seen anything to confirm or deny this. Has anyone seen much on these?

Oafley Jones Registered User

Shefwedfan said:
Ok I heard about this car at weekend. Think it was radio and it mentioned it was going to be the Skoda version of the Touareg.

I have done a number of searchs but haven't seen anything to confirm or deny this. Has anyone seen much on these?

We're in the market for a 7 seater ourselves so curious myself. Should be unveiled this week. I'm expecting them to very expensive. Given the price of a decently equipped/powered Superb I'm skeptical of their ability to compete with the Santa Fe/Sorrento. Also read that the UK range of engines was to top out at 140bhp until the hybrid arrives. Not sure if that's still the case, but it would kill any interest I'd have in one.

ofcork Registered User

I though the kodiak would be more tuscon/sportage size.

Sam Russell Moderator

There is also the Seat Ateca due to launch next month. Cost around €25/€30k.

Patww79 Registered User

Love the look of the Seat.

2 people have thanked this post
Masala Registered User

I heard that the Kodiaq to arrive first will be a 7-Seater. This will be going up against the Sante-Fe / Toureg etc. Heard from a dealer that this could be close to €40k.

A 5- seater to follow later in 2017 which would be more comparable to the Sportage / Quashqai.

BdaraB Registered User

No relation to the Touareg, standard MQB platform so going to be a 7 seat Superb basically and probably priced to match, much more infomation here Briskodabut don't expect anything concrete until it launches next week

bazz26 Registered User

The Kodiaq like the Ateca is based on the Tiguan which a longer 7 seater version will be launched early next year.

R.O.R Registered User

Launches this Thursday, 1st September.

bazz26 Registered User

R.O.R said:
Launches this Thursday, 1st September.

Do you have a price list?

bazz26 said:
Do you have a price list?

I'll be soooo disappointed if R.O.R doesn't reply with the "who loves ya baby?" and the info attached.

1 person has thanked this post
colm_mcm Registered User

Masala said:
I heard that the Kodiaq to arrive first will be a 7-Seater. This will be going up against the Sante-Fe / Toureg etc. Heard from a dealer that this could be close to €40k.

A 5- seater to follow later in 2017 which would be more comparable to the Sportage / Quashqai.

More a rival to the x trail I'd say.

1 person has thanked this post
Marcusm Registered User

Sam Russell said:
There is also the Seat Ateca due to launch next month. Cost around €25/€30k.

It will be interesting to see if they follow through on the promise of the 300bhp Cupra version.

GustavoFring Registered User

Drove the Ateca last week (was only a boggo 1.6) but to drive it's not at all rolly. Was pleasantly surprised. Looks terrible without the big wheels though.

Moonbeam Moderator

https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/skoda-2016-suv-price-specs-and-release-date-1824 it looks nice,might be a competitor for the S-Max.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!