YiddoOConnell Registered User

Who will we get in our group, where will we finish, has anyone got the the package deal and if so where are you located in Wembley?

Hatch99 Hosted Moderator

YiddoOConnell said:
Who will we get in our group, where will we finish, has anyone got the the package deal and if so where are you located in Wembley?

Got the 3 game package , in block 136 I think

2 people have thanked this post
DubPerryman Registered User

Just watching the Dundalk match. How great it would be if they could get through to the group stages and get drawn in Tottenham's group.

Group draw is midday on Thursday, so not long now!

oppiuy Registered User

Hopefully, we will not see the Europa league this year at all

1 person has thanked this post

DubPerryman said:

Group draw is midday on Thursday, so not long now!

I must have been reading an article from the US, the draw is actually on at 5pm today!

Kiith Moderator

Group Stage Pots

Pot 1
Real Madrid (ESP)
Barcelona (ESP)
Leicester City (ENG)
Bayern München (GER)
Juventus (ITA)
Benfica (POR)
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
CSKA Moskva (RUS)

Pot 2
Atlético Madrid (ESP)
Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Arsenal (ENG)
Manchester City (ENG)
Sevilla (ESP)
Porto (POR)
Napoli (ITA)
Bayer Leverkusen (GER)

Pot 3
Basel (SUI)
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Lyon (FRA)
PSV Eindhoven (NED)
Sporting CP (POR)
Club Brugge (BEL)
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER)

Pot 4
Celtic (SCO)
Monaco (FRA)
Beşiktaş (TUR)
Legia Warszawa (POL)
Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)
GNK Dinamo (CRO)
FC København (DEN)
Rostov (RUS)

Can't wait to see who we get. We are in pot 3, so we could be in for some really tough ties. Either way, it's brilliant to see our names in there again.

Nightmare scenario - Barca, Dortmund, and Besiktas?
Best case - CSKA/Benfica - Leverkusun - Celtic?

4 people have thanked this post
Ormus Registered User

The way I see it, apart from English teams, who we can't be drawn against, there are 5 teams in pot 1 and 2 teams in pot 2 who we probably wouldn't beat.

If we could avoid all of them we'd have a great chance of going through. If we avoided either the 5 or the 2, we'd have a decent chance.

There could well be some tricky teams in pot 4, but nobody we should fear. Celtic would be the most desirable in terms of atmosphere and short trip.

It's safe to say that we are the team from pot three that other teams want to avoid.

I guess we can see now how important for us to come 2nd rather than 3rd in the league last season!

MrKingsley Registered User

DubPerryman said:
It's safe to say that we are the team from pot three that other teams want to avoid.

I guess we can see now how important for us to come 2nd rather than 3rd in the league last season!

Yeah it obviusly makes a difference but as Ormus said there arent many teams that we should fear.

Weve slipped up against so many 'poorer' teams in the EL over the past 5 years.

Bring it on!!

byrneg28 Registered User

DubPerryman said:

It would make no difference, you'd still be in Pot 3

Ormus Registered User

Even if we get a rotten draw I'll still be pretty excited about the mouth watering ties.

Kiith Moderator

We'll almost certainly get Real. Modric and Bale back at the Lane? Should be fun (or absolutely soul destroying )

byrneg28 said:
It would make no difference, you'd still be in Pot 3

??

MrKingsley said:
Yeah it obviusly makes a difference but as Ormus said there arent many teams that we should fear.

I'd have to disagree. I fear Atletico and Dortmund. And if Higuain still played for Napoli I'd probably fear them.

I'd fear nothing in Pot 3 though.

Martin567 Registered User

DubPerryman said:
??

It's correct. Finishing 2nd or 3rd last season has no impact on what seeding Spurs now have in the CL.

That is purely based on the UEFA coefficients (calculated on the last 5 years results in Europe) which places Spurs behind Arsenal and City.

Leicester are only 1st seeds because of a recent change in rules which guarantees the champions a top seeding. If they had finished 2nd last season, they would be 4th seeds in the CL.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!