A cow called Daisy Registered User

Have a real pet of shorhorn cow that was not meant to be calving at this time of year. However, a neighbour's angus bull did not think this was that good of an idea and visited her one day. The union was 'blessed'
Had her in wee plot beside the house with a couple of fat cows as her time was near up. She was sick to calve at 10pm last night. Just in after checking on her and her standing there proud as punch with two heifer calves and the dry cows looking on as well. Something nice about looking at a cow with newborn twin calves at 1.30 in the morning.

Now should I give 1 of these calves to my neighbour??

34 people have thanked this post
Reggie. Registered User

I said said:
Fcuk turf, timber timber timber

Have timber aswell just to be sure

1 person has thanked this post
Suckler Registered User

Everywhere I look around here there's timber to be sawn for burning. I need another shed just to store it if get it all cut up though.

Reggie. Registered User

Suckler said:
Everywhere I look around here there's timber to be sawn for burning. I need another shed just to store it if get it all cut up though.

Yeah the auld storms were very obliging in that regard

whelan2 Registered User

Genghis Cant said:
@Whelan..... Six year ago today.
Happy anniversary.

Signed,
Joe Sheridan

:-) :-)

Eldest lad actually said that to me earlier yesterday.

whelan2 Registered User

Reggie. said:
Yeah the auld storms were very obliging in that regard

Offered a few trees that had blown down here to a few lads ages ago and the trees are still there, seems to be too much work for some people, maybe they want me to cut them up ad deliver them.

2 people have thanked this post
kollegeknight Registered User

I save my mothers and my turf. Two brothers order a trailer every year and play a game of chicken so I end having to save theirs also to save my ears from listening to the mother.

One brought out his turf on sat without me and was a hero for doing it. I just have mine left to bring out.

I have about four years turf saved for my mother and same for ourselves so might not bother next year.

I said Registered User

Just got rang there Glas inspection in the morning.

2 people have thanked this post
A cow called Daisy Registered User

I said said:

Have you choosen LIPP? I presume you obeyed the rules i.e. not topping tiill AFTER the 15th. Get impression there'll be a lot of inspections around the relevant dates

I said Registered User

A cow called Daisy said:
Have you choosen LIPP? I presume you obeyed the rules i.e. not topping tiill AFTER the 15th. Get impression there'll be a lot of inspections around the relevant dates

Yeah definitely the temptation was huge to top in the last week the rain at the weekend put a stop to any thoughts on topping around the headlands even I be in some ****e now if I did

3 people have thanked this post
thegreatgonzo Registered User

I said said:

They don't give much notice. If you can't be there do they come anyway?

thegreatgonzo Registered User

Not really. So many bitter people

laoch na mona Registered User

It's one of those weeks where everything comes up at once and it's only tuesday.

the biggest problem with this part time farming lark is the day job(s) gets in the way of the farming

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!