kirk buttercup Registered User
#2,011

Chuchote
Rain and midges? That's unfair!

Yep swallowed a few ... while soaking wet . But was worth it had a load of PR's on strava

Boscoirl Registered User
#2,012

Chuchote said:
Rain and midges? That's unfair!

A New protein drink? ,marginal gains...

1 person has thanked this post
dahat Registered User
#2,013

TT over 19km rin by a local club...Handy effort at full gas, enjoyed it.

19km at 39.1 avg over a relatively flat out n back.

10 people have thanked this post
Daroxtar Registered User
#2,014

dahat said:
TT over 19km rin by a local club...Handy effort at full gas, enjoyed it.

19km at 39.1 avg over a relatively flat out n back.

That's fairly motoring!! I'm doing my first attempt at a TT tomorrow, I'll be delighted if I keep it around the 35 (it is a little bit lumpy in a few spots)

magicbastarder Registered User
#2,015

is it normal for a club to organise a TT on a weekday?

dahat Registered User
#2,016

Daroxtar said:
That's fairly motoring!! I'm doing my first attempt at a TT tomorrow, I'll be delighted if I keep it around the 35 (it is a little bit lumpy in a few spots)

TT is always good to do, working to all out effort and holding it till the end. I was hoping to get nearer the 40km avg bit maybe next week.

dahat Registered User
#2,017

magicbastarder said:
is it normal for a club to organise a TT on a weekday?

Its a small club league affair.

Jimoslimos Registered User
#2,018

47k @ 29.7kph on Tuesday and 58k @ 30.9kph today. Nice that the winds have eased slightly. Might have even been a little bit faster today but a level crossing and a suicidal pheasant checked my progress.

Daroxtar Registered User
#2,019

First TT tonight in the club league. Never had any kind of race before so I really didn't know what to expect other than it's a bit of a lumpy course and rough enough surface. Got there late enough and didn't warm up properly. Tore off too fast into a slight headwind and uphill and completely lost my breath. I wanted to quit before I was gone 2 km but settled a bit by the turn around. Got into a decent rhythm in the return and ground it out to the finish. I didn't have anything left for a heroic sprint to the line. I said I'd be happy enough with something around the 35kph average and I clocked in at 34.6 so I really can't complain. Didn't get overtaken either so that's a bit of a bonus.
If I'd taken the first km easier or been properly warmed up I think I'd definitely have gained a nice bit by the turn around, but that's a lesson learned for next time. https://www.strava.com/activities/950754758

11 people have thanked this post
rocky911 Registered User
#2,020

Late to the party..104 Km on Tuesday, Midleton up to Vee..and 1108mts of climbing at an average speed of 25.7km/h. Was hoping for a moving time of 4hrs 15..did it 3 hrs 59..very happy with the progress

8 people have thanked this post
jalock20 Registered User
#2,021

Third club spin today since joining. Went out with the leisure group before we were joined for a few km by the much larger racing group. Managed to hold my own in the middle of that group before we split up again.

We were rejoined by them bout 15km from the end. I didn't realise that a few of our group were joining them again so I chanced my arm and off I went. Bust a gut to try and latch on to the back of the group and managed to stay with them for about 5km at the back but got dropped out the back.

Happy enough I managed to stay with them in the middle of the group as my eventual aim is to be racing for next year and I've mostly been doing indoor sessions. Not too despondant at getting dropped out the back seeing as I broke myself trying to catch up when we rejoined! The difference in pace though was ferocious!!

4 people have thanked this post
moonshadow Registered User
#2,022

200.1 km @ 25.9 kmph drogheda to ballinasloe via maynooth into a bitch of a headwind ......
Just had brekkie and ready for another 100.

21 people have thanked this post
Mercian Pro Registered User
#2,023

Daroxtar said:
First TT tonight in the club league....
If I'd taken the first km easier or been properly warmed up I think I'd definitely have gained a nice bit by the turn around, but that's a lesson learned for next time.

https://www.facebook.com/BrayWheelersCC/posts/784059105091818

I think the guy who wrote this must have been watching you

1 person has thanked this post
Wishbone Ash Registered User
#2,024

moonshadow said:
200.1 km @ 25.9 kmph.....

.....Just had brekkie ....
You did a 200k ride before your breakfast and before 9.38am! Savage stuff!

Whyner Registered User
#2,025

Headed out for 60k or so as wasn't feeling great. That soon passed. I hit Sally Gap from Manor Kilbride. Never took that road before, scenic and quiet, so perfect...Then headed to Laragh via Glenmcnass. Another road I never cycled on. It's class, so quiet, decent surface and stunning scenery. Quick coffee and crumble and a perv on the bikes. I love the belly busters with the top of the range gear. Sure why not....

Headed home via Kilmac and by accident ended up in Bray. With that wrong turn I then popped my 100k cherry outside the Bottle Tower in Churchtown. Hands in the air and a "Come on!!!", proper celebration...

Quads were burning for hours after. Delighted though, serious buzz. Telling everyone haha

https://www.strava.com/activities/952974593

Attachments
20170422_122752.jpg
9 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!