0lddog Registered User
#1,516

Seems that all the 'national' bundles include EU roaming

( https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle )

I would guess that she may not need to be subscribed to a bundle to make calls when roaming but it might get a bit expensive.

( http://lycamobile.ie/sysimages/mediamanager/EU_Roaming_IrelandEN.pdf price list still correct ?)

NATLOR Registered User
#1,517

0lddog said:
Seems that all the 'national' bundles include EU roaming

( https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle )

I would guess that she may not need to be subscribed to a bundle to make calls when roaming but it might get a bit expensive.

( http://lycamobile.ie/sysimages/mediamanager/EU_Roaming_IrelandEN.pdf price list still correct ?)


Thanks yeah have her on the Ireland plus bundle but does she need to do anything specific when she arrives eg what network to connect to,any settings to be changed etc

Also do any calls and texts made come out of the bundle or will she be charged

0lddog Registered User
#1,518

NATLOR said:
Thanks yeah have her on the Ireland plus bundle but does she need to do anything specific when she arrives eg what network to connect to,any settings to be changed etc



I dont know. Hopefully someone who has been & done it will pop in


NATLOR said:
Also do any calls and texts made come out of the bundle or will she be charged



"From 26-09-2017, the customers that buy one of our “EU Roaming” bundles are able to use their bundle allowances while roaming in the EU/EEA countries. Customers are advised that there is a maximum usage cap applied for data while roaming in EU/EEA. From 01-01-2018 the cap for IRELAND Plus is 4.25GB data, for STUDENT Plus is 4.25GB and for NATIONAL S is 1GB data. If, over a 4-month period, your use of EU/EEA roaming services is greater than your domestic usage we will notify you of this and then charge you at national PAYG rates. Non-EU/EEA countries calls will be charged at standard roaming charges. EU/EEA roaming services are enabled for customers who travel for holidays or short trips and note that the SIM card must be first used (activated) in the home country in order to take advantage of this promotion. The free calls to all the Lycamobile numbers in Poland and Romania are not included in roaming."

1 person has thanked this post
Boxfresh Registered User
#1,519

I'm with Lyca now for a few months. My wife just informed me that any time she tries to call me she always has trouble getting through to me.

We have just tested this with her sitting beside me in good coverage and it takes her about 5 attempts til my phone starts ringing.

Any one else have any such issues?

Obviously not good enough - thinking of switching.

pjq Registered User
#1,520

NATLOR said:
Is there anything particular that needs to be done to set up roaming in Europe. (my daughter is off to Portugal at the weekend)

TIA


I think that this is what your looking for, sometimes its simple and straightforward using the Lyca widget .

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103709785

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!